Just got a nova!

harwood39

Its not my first shotgun, i have all the cleaning supplies. I will be using it mainly for upland game and some waterfowl(very little). I will also be using it for deer but with a slug barrel.

Model #20006 Just a 12 ga 24" barrel, 3.5in shells, synthetic(not camo'd)

Its not my first shotgun, i have all the cleaning supplies. I will be using it mainly for upland game and some waterfowl(very little). I will also be using it for deer but with a slug barrel.

Model #20006 Just a 12 ga 24" barrel, 3.5in shells, synthetic(not camo'd)

Best configuration for a rifled slug barrell would have been the # 20008 COMBO it comes with the field barrel and slug barrell probably the cheapest way to get both also. Benelli slug barrel is $$$ when purchased on its own?

I highly recommend the benelli recoil reducer if you're going to be shooting the 3.5" shells. The Nova is a light gun and those magnums kick really hard. A few weeks ago I wrote a review of the recoil reducer and the Limbsaver recoil pad. It should still be in the forum if you go back a ways. Don't forget you have to buy the mounting bracket as well as the recoil reducer. That pissed me off some, but I felt the cost was worth it for the ability to shoot off a box of turkey shells and still be able to feel my arm the next day.

i wont be doing any slug hunting til next year, so i opted out on the combo for now due to my money situation with opening a business and all. so i have all summer to put extra money a side for the slug barrel. Paid 299 for the gun, and can get the barrel later for 170.

I read the review on the recoil reducer. looks like a very good investment.

Wow, $170 is a great price. Is it a benelli barrel or aftermarket? I remember reading somewhere that one of the companies making aftermarket slug barrels for the nova was doing a real crap job. I can't remember the details but you might want to do some background checking before you buy. I've been trying to get my hands on a benelli factory 18.5" tactical barrel and the best price I can find in Canada is $400. That's just crazy, seeing as how I only paid $450 for the gun. (Canadian dollars) Considering that, $170 is a steal.

did not know they did aftermarkets for Benelli? 07 Catalog MSRP is 210.00 + Tax& Shipping? which ya can allways get a little off MSRP normally but from what i understand their is such a demand that they have none? sounds like BS but guess they are made in US from what i hear? Good luck on getting one and i am sure a group of others would pay 175.00 in a heart beat!

Wow, $170 is a great price. Is it a benelli barrel or aftermarket? I remember reading somewhere that one of the companies making aftermarket slug barrels for the nova was doing a real crap job. I can't remember the details but you might want to do some background checking before you buy. I've been trying to get my hands on a benelli factory 18.5" tactical barrel and the best price I can find in Canada is $400. That's just crazy, seeing as how I only paid $450 for the gun. (Canadian dollars) Considering that, $170 is a steal.

If your going to get an aftermarket barrel I would check with Hastings. I have bought two and was pleased with both. Not sure if they make a spare barrel for the Nova but it would be worth it to check them out.