Black Benelli vs Camo one

StoegerStrong

Um wow all you people want to camo up your black guns..Are any of you sorry that you did that? I hunt predators at night time and a black gun would be more logical...Come the snow and I wrap all of my shotguns with that Vet horse tape...You know make them white instead of black...I do hunt predators in the day time, I do hunt geese now and then...Um I was going to buy a black SBE 2 instead of the camo...I already have Stalker BPS in black and never thought even of camoing it up....

You people are making me start to think. Um maybe I should buy a SBE 2 in the camo already instead of the black since why come along later and have to take the time and spend the money to have it camod again?????

Good site here this is the kind of post that can make a person make a deceison before hand instead of having to go and do it down the road like camoing up a black shotgun.

You know a gun doesn't have to be black to wrap it in tape, you know that camo breaks up your outline and that is its main job right? Maybe you could get a darker camo pattern like MONBU and it would be plenty dark for coyotes and your outline would be more broken up, and guess what? You can still wrap tape over it. If you have the mental attitude of "black is better for coyotes at night ... black doesn't affect anything during the day" than you must have something wrong. Camo looks pretty much black at night and it has a matte finish so I doubt it will spoke the coyotes. I also think camo is a good investment for the birds.

Black and even Advantage camo color is the worst colors to use for night time hunting during a full moon...God has given predators a gift to see right through your red light when you wear black or regular colored camos at night time during a FULL MOON. Now if the moon is not full then you can use the black and regular camo patterns...Best color for hunting at night during the full moon is Predator Grey....Light camo even white would be better then black or Mossy Oak.....

Good post for sure here...I am learning things from all the outstanding input...Um I would be better off with advantage camo instead of pure black when hunting at night during a full moon... I just might have to invest in a camo gun instead of the pure black gun...Also I will have to compare the two camo patterns in the SBE 2 to see which is lighter in color then the other...

Black and even Advantage camo color is the worst colors to use for night time hunting during a full moon...God has given predators a gift to see right through your red light when you wear black or regular colored camos at night time during a FULL MOON. Now if the moon is not full then you can use the black and regular camo patterns...Best color for hunting at night during the full moon is Predator Grey....Light camo even white would be better then black or Mossy Oak.....

Good post for sure here...I am learning things from all the outstanding input...Um I would be better off with advantage camo instead of pure black when hunting at night during a full moon... I just might have to invest in a camo gun instead of the pure black gun...Also I will have to compare the two camo patterns in the SBE 2 to see which is lighter in color then the other...

I am almost certain that max4 is the lightest camo the sbe is available in. I am not much of a predator hunter, but I think matte black would be better than white.

I've got a black SBE1 and have thought about getting it dipped (really like the new MODB). Does anyone know if there are benefits to having your gun coated? Rust prevention? How well do the aftermarket coats hold up to abuse?

Yes your gun is more rust proof with an addition camo coating, it depends on how the camo will hold up. Different companies may do different jobs.

I've got a black SBE1 and have thought about getting it dipped (really like the new MODB). Does anyone know if there are benefits to having your gun coated? Rust prevention? How well do the aftermarket coats hold up to abuse?

I had a black SBE l. I had Gander Mountain camo it about 7 years ago. It has held up great, easy to take care of, rust free, and well worth the money I spent to have it done. They really do a great job. If you want to have it done, don't hesitate, it is a good process. I only turkey hunt with this gun, so it really doesn't get beat up like a waterfowl gun, but the camo is like new, still. I don't think you will be sorry...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...