Hunting advice...

praetorian

Alrighty im new to the hunting thing and trying to get into it. Im planning a trip up to Alaska in the Spring to do a bear hunt. I plan on using my Nova. Whats some reading i should do before going out? Ill be going with a few experinced guys but i dont want to look like a complete retard out there ya know. Thanks for the help.

Don't be afraid to ask the experienced guys questions,and do more listening than talking.That will be the biggest step towards not looking like a "retard".I know you are going bear hunting,but if you can get your hands on "How to bag the biggest buck of your life" by Larry Benoit,you will learn a TON of useful woodsmanship skills that covers some serious issues that a person should know before heading into the big woods.I don't put a lot of stock in some of these "hunters" on t.v. and sometimes the magizines,but this guy is the real deal.

Good Luck with your adventure.