R-1 o-rings

parachute

I changed mine after about 300 rounds, they were damaged from removing the gas piston and the edges had gotten flat. About 8 bucks each at Brownells.

Steve

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any trouble keeping your R1 sighted in? I shot mine all summer at the range, evry once in awhile make an adjustment. Then I went elk hunting in Utah, before the hunt I shot my rifle at their range and was 6 inches low. I made the proper adjustment and blew the X out of the target. Before I left, I completely tore down my rifle and cleaned it, I don't know if that caused it.

Steve, I like your photos, if I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a picture of my 5 X 5 bull elk I got this year.

Al

Before I left, I completely tore down my rifle and cleaned it, I don't know if that caused it.

Al

More than likely, that was the cause of the POI shift.

This can happen with any rifle, even quality bolt actions. But a semi-auto with a gas system attached to the barrel is particularly vulnerable to it.

$8.00 for an o-ring.

What's this world coming to?

I'd consider buying one from Brownells and taking that one to a hardware store and matching it to a handful of extras for 25 cents apiece.

Grainger, McMaster Carr, Fastenal, etc. should also have them.

Made from exotic Italien rubber!! like Nitrile or Buna-N my gosh.

Even the ones for my 1100 are like $1.50 ea and those I now get at Ace hardware for cents and work the same.

$8.00 for an o-ring.

What's this world coming to?

I'd consider buying one from Brownells and taking that one to a hardware store and matching it to a handful of extras for 25 cents apiece.

Grainger, McMaster Carr, Fastenal, etc. should also have them.

Let us know how the hardware store ones work

Al