Nova Receiver?

zack

I am interested in buy a Nova and can not tell what the receiver on the nova is made of. I understand that the receiver and the stock are one piece and that the stock is a synthetic but it looks like there is a seem between the upper and lower part of the receiver, is this correct? Also if this is true what is the upper part of the receiver made of?

Well, I have a extra receiver and on the inside is metal. The out side is some kinda polymer. At least that is what it looks like to me. I was wondering how the drilled holes could hold up on my EOTech and scope on the slug gun but it has a metal frame on the inside that the mount is screwed to.

I remember seeing a video on the benelli site, or maybe on Youtube where they do a computer graphic virtual construction of the Nova/Supernova receiver. Basically they take a metal frame and mount it inside a mold that is then filled with polymer. They say the metal and plastic are somehow bonded together so it acts like a single unit. When you look inside the receiver with the bolt removed you can see the quite a bit of the metal frame. They must have some pretty tight tolerances at the factory cause it all fits together very precisely. Overall, it seem pretty rugged. I havn't abused mine so I couldn't tell you what happens to it under really nasty conditions.