More SBE II problems

chiro 835

My choke tube wrench will not work on the cyl choke ?? Called Benilli they said it was the choke and would send a new one out. It's not here ....

And I went to install my new sling and the stock was too thick for the uncle mikes clip, would not close. Shaved the stock down with my knife. What is going on, do you guys test a new product. I DON'T expect to take a knife to a $1300 shotgun. "Benilli, performance worth the price"?????????? I woul like a reply from the factory. PS: what do I do with the wrench that is striped now??

PSS: Goose season opens in two weeks thanks

chiro,

I hope it is your choke, however, Benelli sent me a new crio full choke and a new choke tube wrench.

The original choke tube wrench that came with my SBEII gun did not fit the new crio full choke.

The new choke wrench Benelli sent to me is the one listed on Benelli Accessories web page.

See the thread sbe II choke wrench problem? .

Did you try other swivels before cutting your SBE II?

I would think it would be difficult for Benelli to make one base that would fit every brand of swivels ever made.

I have had many swivels not fit a particular mount. I usually try another brand or two. The Hush Swivels have worked well for me.

mudhen - CA

Munhen,

Yes, I checked out other swivels and the mount on my stock was to big for all of them. Uncle Mikes are pretty standard swivels. I know it sounds crude to shave the stock down but the mount was to thick. The sling was the new final approach shotgun sling.

Still not sure what is up with the cyl choke, it sounds like others have had problems with the full choke. Oh well I'll deal with it when I return from elk hunting. It sounds like customer service at Benilli is aware of the problems.

Brian

Talked to customer service at Benelli, the new choke they sent (cyl) still does not work with the wrench. So now a new wrench is on it's way.

The problem with the swivel mount on the stock, they will repair after the waterfowl season. I was very happy with coustomer service, no hassel, just right to fixing the problem.

Thanks again customer service

I'm going to bed, it's elk season this week!

Brian