Best Turkey Chokes

Spur Collector

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the local BassPro yesterday and started to buy a couple more chokes to try in my Supernova but held off.Quakerboy be sure and let us know what the results are from the TruGlo tube you mentioned.I started to buy a Truglo from BassPro yesterday but didnt.I wonder if its the same tube that you mentioned?TIA

This tube is mysterious.I have never seen it anywhere other than in the catalog and on the website.They want me to use it at my seminars about turkey equipment,so I recieved one this week.I shot 100 rounds today of Federal,Rem,Hevi13,Win and even Bismuth! At 20-40yds every load would have killed a turkey,from 45 to 55 some loads started to stand out.Hevi13 #6 and Fed f/c #5 and #6 and oldschool Rem Hevi made it into the next round of tests.The next session will include some more brands and materials.The only common thing is that they will all hover around #5 and #6. My favorite target is the H.S. Strut that is available at W-mart.I like this target because it has the veins and arteries as well as skull and vertabrae.

I make hundreds of copies at the neighborhood Grocery store,so I can get consistant results.

Any of you guys know of a turkey choke tube that is actually "cryo" treated other than the factory Benelli chokes?

I've called several makers who have chokes that fit the SBE II (Crio or Optima....take your pick) and none of them are actually treated to the same cryogenic process, at least none I have found. Guess if you want one you'll have to send it out and have it done yourself?!?! I'm not so sure it makes a hill of beans difference but Benelli sure makes it sound good! ;-)

I just ordered a Rhino .575 for my Monte 20GA I've got a Jelly Head for my SBE II but probably will be buying the Rhino for it as well. I hate shocking my wife as at once..I like to the drag them out over the next few months.

My JH outshoots my Rhino in my SBE II.

I have a friend who bought a SBE II last spring. He got the Kicks Gobblin Thunder choke tube in the .655. It shoots an awesome pattern at 40 yds.

So awesome that I sold my Browning and bought the SBE II. I haven't bought the choke tube yet but I'm definately going to.

What shotgun/choke combinations do you guys shoot or have seen, that get the best patterns for longbeards?

Iv used the kicks indestries comp in choke for 2 years and have not found one better for my berreta

I have read where some have used the Comp-n-choke and had good results.I have used and still use the Primos Jellyhead.It is a very good choke,hard to beat,lots cheaper than several of the other chokes also.I think it is cheaper than the comp-n- choke by a good margin also.I dont think you will have any complaints about the Jellyhead.

I hope I have been of some help to ya!I bought the Jellyhead tube for my Benelli SBE last year and it opened my eyes to how good that gun could pattern.If you need to know any more about choke interchangeability you can go to the Briley choke website,they have a list there that tells what chokes will interchange.Hope you get good patterns and harvest a longbeard with your Stoeger!