The Benelli Buls%#%

birdman70

Now, I know everyone on here is drinking the Benelli Kool-Aide, but please remember that I too, wanted to drink it as well. However, I now find myself puking on it. I've never have had such a tough time becoming a believer in the brand, and I actually now want to become the champion of everything not Benelli. It starts with their customer service/touch points.

Let me explain:

I purchased an M2 Field Apg with the promise that I could have a 26 fowl barrel in the woods within just a few months. And, now Benelli is telling me that they won't even be available to the stores for months, with no date in mind. I should have listened to Cabella's when they told me to buy Remington, Browning and/or two other recommended manufacturers that, according to many retailers, were much easier to work with ...and much easier to get their barrels...and at a much lesser cost. I didn't listen, and now I find myself at a loss and have a slug gun -- only half of what I wanted. What is up with Benelli's clear lack of organization and commitment of product to its customers, like making sure they have the barrells ready to support new products? The company is completely disconnected from the customer experience at retail, and a customer literally has to jump barriers to convince an actual retailer to sell him a Benelli. And, once a customer accomplishes that feat, Benelli still leaves the customer in the cold with Bill Clinton answers that don't answer anything, but, instead, leave you stranded while scratching your cold head, saying, "wow, I guess the retailers were right. Benelli is awful when it comes to customer service. Not worth the money."

However, after I convinced the retailer that I wanted the M2 Benelli, I was again convinced by them along with two others that the best way to get a Benelli would be to buy the slug version, getting me the slug barrel which many wait months and months for, and putting myself on the shorter wait list for the 26/28 inch fowl barrels. "Yep, that is the best way to go." Lol. Lamao. What a complete lie, or was it pure hope on the dealer's part that Benelli would deliver upon at least that--"Wrong." Also, what is Benelli thinking? No good company ever goes to market with half commitment to their customers to prevent situations like this. What a half ass approach to doing business. Benelli is not a $25,000 Harley which people will wait for. Benelli needs to eliminate the ego. They aren't deserving of that position, and not even Harley could survive on doing business like that and they quickly learned that no one is deserving of that anymore, as they learned that that business proposition couldn't sustain the company nor keep its customers waiting...however..I will still wait for a Harley...but I won't wait for a barrell.

Simply said, when you launch a gun, Benelli needs to do the basic audit of what is required behind an appropriate launch that will provide its "CUSTOMERS" with an experience that not only backs up the brand reputation but enhances it. If they wanted to add APG to the profile offering, then they damn well should have made sure they backed the promise up to the customer in an adequate way. This also is clearly an ongoing issue with Benelli based on what literally every retailer said...."don't do it...the barrel situation at Benelli is insane, and if you do, get the slug barell because the bird ones are easier to get..." Boy, I guess Benelli is now lacking in that area. What is

next? Remember, it is a slippery slope in business when integrity starts receding.

Then, after I purchase the gun with a slug barreell, I call the same three retailers, and they say, don't go through us..go through Benelli directly..because it goes much quicker. I then contacted Benelli after approaching retailer after retailer and their response was, "we don't do that...go find someone who will." I call all of the Gander Mountains, and talk to one of the managers (a very good guy) and he says he will do his best....after two weeks...he has still yet to get an answer...and he is smiling at me like my mother used to with an akward, "I told you so" smile.

Now, I have a $1,400 gun with no barrel to go turkey, duck or pheasant hunting...the main reason I purchased the m2. Thanks a whole lot Benelli. My first Benelli experience is a complete let down. In fact, it was a good lesson on how not to build a relationship with a customer. I thank them for that. And to think I was actually thinking about adding another Benelli to my collection.

To make it worse, I wrote them again, after none of the retailers had answers, and they haven't responded in a week.....which most good companies respond to within 24 hours. I'm starting to wonder that the great Benelli brand is just that...a brand... a brand that has mesmerized many...and now i fear that many will soon be feeling like they went to bed with a Jessica Alba and then actually waking up next to a plastic love doll that doesn't kiss back....just plastic...no substance...just a blank huanting stare.

Their tone. The help they provided. Their care. It all sucked!!!It is no wonder that they don't sign their names to their customer service responses. Because if anyone reads their responses as a true business that respects its customers, anyone would quickly notice that Benelli is near bankruptcy in caring, and ultimately, mattering. They simply do not care, and as a result of that, they will simply not matter soon...to anyone...but to each other. Soon and before they know it, their culture will be a pool of people gazing at each other with glassed over eyes, guzzling down the corporate kool-aide and, with their "Benelli" swagger, peeing out messages like drunken, souless pirates.

I have now wasted 5 trips to different retailers, gas, phone calls, back and forth this and back and forth that, and now I'm stranded. No answers. No barrell. No barrell in sight. Well, I got half of what I wanted...but bird season will come quickly and unfortunately, it will be enjoyed without Benelli. Unless they get their act together in product launches, begin caring for its customers, their walls will crumble. Throughout history, many great brands began to rest on their laurels and quickly, sometimes over night, find themselves looking into the asses of their competitors...following...not leading....and they will fade....fade away....into the pack of mediocracy...pure stinking mediocracy...the smelly pathetic medoicre. The stench of the non living. I still want to be a Benelli Believer, but the stench keep getting worse.

Cheers!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the post above, should have purchased a choke-tube barrel gun to begin with. Anyway, after dropping $1400 on a new M2 & the poor service you have received so far I can understand your frustration:mad:.

Hopefully you have a back-up & I'm sure after this experience you'll be done with Benelli

relax or sell it before ya have a stroke or Carpel Tunnel! Bashing Benelli will not get you a barrel that is not even made in APG scheme? Is Cabelas the culprit that told you they could have the Barrel in a couple months? So Benelli told you that they made this barrel in the APG or that it was in the works? So what was the price of the field barrel in APG and where did ya get the quote? catalog only shows one finish and it is not APG? Guess it would be classified a special order by you for bird season? The catalog shows the Stock in APG but does not show the barrel in APG? also it does not say available in 26" APG only 24 & 28" Advantage? I see your frustration, their catalogs and websites are allways different, but asking for things not even available and expecting to get something new real fast from Benelli is a pretty well known fact that they can't just beam you down whatever the birdman wants. I guess Berreta should sell this company for false advertisement or invent Benelli kool-aid in APG:eek:

well...if i should have purchased the smooth barrell....my bad...i dont know about you..but when you buy any gun..you expect to have the back up...at least the barrells....they should have never put the apg models on the market if they could not support them...this is no differet then Mac coming out with the ****** and creating a storm of sh@@ when it knocked its price down a month later and had to refund thousands. their operation is a complete mess. and, now the stink gets worse. i just got a response from customer service, which admits that they have no idea when the 26 inch barrell will see the states. I am posting their resonse and my response..enjoy:

My response today to their second "Bill Clinton I Did Not Have Sexual Relations" response:

Sir,

This still does not explain why the **** you would bring a gun to market that doesn’t even know when the barrels are going to be in this country. A very, very poor lack of planning, and obviously you have instilled fear in your retailers based on this ongoing issue. It is your responsibility. It is your responsibility to make sure that when you launch a gun that you are adequately ready. YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!. You are telling me that the retailers don't even have the barrels and wont for who knows how long. DO NOT. DO NOT BLAME THE RETAILERS. YOU ARE CROSSING THE LINE. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. ABSOLUTELY A FARSE!!!!

You should have never even sent that damn gun to a retailer if you couldn't back it up with barrels and now you are having me chase more people down. I can not believe your brand has been built on an operation like this. I do not care what it takes...I want to know exact...exactly when the 26 inch barrel will be available for this gun ..or the 28. And, I want to know who exactly I should speak with, and when I can expect it. If I do not have this barrel by bird season...I'm expecting a full refund from you. Not the retailer. NO WHERE IN YOUR ADVERTISING .... ON YOUR WEBSITE...WITH YOUR RETAILERS DOES IT GIVE A NOTICE...."BEWARE. BAREELS ARE NOT IN SIGHT."

Their response to original email a week ago:

Sir,

It was the individuals at the store that mis-informed you. If you have an issue with anything here, it is with them. They are the ones that should have known all along that the barrels can only be ordered through them and we cannot, and do not sell anything direct. Their lack of desire is the start of this issue. All 3 retailers you talked to decided to not handle you they way they could have, we have not ever sold direct retail to consumers EVER. We have no control over the individual personnel in any of our dealers. So their lack of knowledge is a result of their hiring process. And we are sorry you have encountered such problems with this. Regardless, the 26 inch barrels are not in this country at this time to be sold. We are expecting 24 inch barrels to come in about 4-6 weeks time. For the moment we do not have the 26's in transit. It will be about 2 months until we see them. The ONLY way to get one is to order one through a store. You can, in addition, call a parts supplier like Brownells to order one - phone # 1-800-741-0015 - part # for a APG barrel in 26 is 81276 - and you will need that wherever you go to order it. 81281 is the part # for the 24 inch APG barrel that we will have in 4-6 weeks

i...and everyone else buying the ap is being foxed by benelli...it should not even be on the shelves.....that is just poor business hogwild...very poor...i don't care how in love you are with benelli...that is the undeniable truth. I shopped....i went to many retailers..and they all had the same response....and by the way...something is wrong....when you have to convince more than 3 retailers to sell you a benelli...all saying the same thing...the cs sucks...and they don't back up their guns with support...but i was a believer at the moment...was mesmorized..i dont want anyone falling into the same benelli scam...if you are reading their response and believing what they said..then you too are caught into it....they admit that they don't have any clue when the barrells will be in the states...not a frickin' clue..go to the website...what is being adverstised heavily...oh..guess what..the ap barrells....which i just found out all the guns with ap are months if not a year behind....that should be clearly advertised and communicated...which after research..none of the retailers have been told. bad bad bad business. and, isn't it unfortunate that many have emailed me privately on here already cheering me on with this...because they have all experienced it....it is pathetic that we keep supporting it. now, benelli is a good gun..i sighted it in for deer.....but to me it is worthless....with the support....also....isn't worse yet..that after only 2 weeks of owning that i've received emails already..many to just sell it. wow!

the sorry thing is that it is all too funny...at the expense of the benelli customer...and it is unfortunate that the best response is a joke....in fact hogwild....i have a deal for ya.....i have a brand new m2 field 12 ga. with the brand new ap scheme.....it is for sale....now just don't ask me about when you can get the bird barrells.....tucker....you in? 1,400 slug gun...???? come on? it's a deal...i paid 1,400 just two weeks ago...i'll give it to you for...hmmmm...how about 1,300....i'll bend over again for benelli and discount it....there ya go....i'll throw in free shipping...with the customer service promise of.....hmmmm....well....that the barrell still hasn't been manufactured...which happens in another country...but that is good enough...oh..and i'll send you along witht he gun..the number to the parts company that will sell it to you ...but..of course..only after it has been manufactured and shipped....which...i don't know...maybe by then.....the gun is in a museum...in a nice glass box....with a sign that reads..."the beginning of the end of a great brand."

in fact..it doesn't take long by viewing each of your history...that there is an ongoing issue with support that makes the gun....not as atrractive...tucker..for example...you posted this:

[quote=tucker301;73886]While there are a few owner's manuals now on the Benelli site, there are still no parts manuals.

Franchi, Uberti, and Stoeger manuals are still "coming soon", just as they've been for the last three years.

C'mon Benelli, et al.

It can't possibly be that hard to PDF these things and get 'em uploaded!

Either remove the "coming soon" BS teaser or get the darned things posted!

Now, i'm just asking all of you to be honest...to accept the fact that benelli is a poorly run business...

shoulda, woulda, coulda, they have been known for not keeping their catalogs up to date but the online version is only thing ya can go on unless they said it was available and seems to me you can't afford it and just wanta bash them casue you should have bought the bird barrel to start with. Is the original slug barrel in APG? Guess ya did not order it like they told ya to do due to the price :o their barrel prices are way overpriced and that has not been a secret! Good luck with getting a bird barrel and lord only knows what catastrofic nightmare is lurking next! Retailers suck don't they!

I took my M2 to a s"stock fitter" and he buggered it up pretty badly fit wise, so I needed a new walnut but stock. So I got out my parts listl that came with the gun and called Benelli to order a replacement. The person I talked to was real knowledgeable and corrected the part numbers that I had and also informed me that I would have to got through a dealer as they do not sell direct.

Went to my dealer and got the but stock in less than a week.

Again I emphasize the fact that every one I talked to at Benelli reinforced the no sale to an individual and I needed to go through a dealer.

Obviously some body is getting his panties in a bunch because a dealer did not do right by him and told him to go directly to Benelli when they should have known or probably knew about Benelli's policy.

I am guesing by the tone of the original and follow on posts by Birdman70 that maybe those dealers were not interested in more follow on business from this customer.

So why don't you cut your losses and go trade the M2 in on what was recomended and hopefully live happilly ever aftrer, although I seriosly doubt that will happen again based on youyr prior posts.

again, you are missing the point (or just avoiding the conversation like a cool Hummer owner avoids conversations of gasoline prices))...this is not about money (not bragging or having an ego...but I am the founder of a 25 million dollar company and quite frankly can buy a benelli for every species on the planet), and it is not about the retailer at all. This is clearly about when Benelli...the company...brings a product to the market that they have the back up so customers are not left in the cold. They need to and should only bring products to market when they are ready. The retailers you refer to are all good retailers..national...and I've been a customer of theirs for years....because I'm an avid hunter. Some of them are friends.

Some of you...and I repeat only some of you....are really losing the message here. Many of you have sent me personal emails on here ...from this forum .... that they agree..that Benelli is Bad Business. Any takers on the M2? No. Because everyone here knows the story about Benelli....it is the same old tune..that I've now come to understand that should be titled, "Benelli Barrelless" or the "some" of you who go to bed with the promise it's Jessica Alba but wake up to Benelli the blow up doll. They do not have the substance.

I know it hurts some of you...so much money invested...it is part of a lifestyle...and the truth hurts....however....with some of my "spare" time, I"m having some of my designers here put up a website that will actually track how many days that the gun I have will have to wait until it gets its barrell. On that website, I will have intervention for those who have been Benelli Banboozled...and we can again ...help you find your center...once the site is up.....i will post it on here...should only take about 10 days...with the many emails I've received supporting this cause...i will be posting their comments as well...

Again, this is not about if Benelli builds a great gun. They do. So you all can keep those egos in tact. This is about what happens after they build the gun....what happens to the customer. Maybe, I guess...you all have been forced to buy many guns because you couldn't get the barrells....and this "can of worms" (which someone ele posted on here) is just too sensitive...it hurts...salt on an open wound....

you can look at it this way....and i would love to be a part of the positive Benelli...maybe..just maybe...if just one person speaks up about this continuous unfulfilled product lines...that maybe..just maybe..it will stop. Many of you have rallied behind this post privately...maybe..post one your self....it is just a crying shame that the current leaders of Benelli run the company this way....what a great brand..what a great gun...what it used to stand for...

when you look back, it stood for a great gun...but also..stood behind its customer....this is not a retailer issue...no one lied....they were honest...they couldnt get answers on the barrell...still cant...they are still trying....

here is my challenge to you....go to any major retailer..and ask about Benelli...look them in the eye...and ask, "hey...what is the scoop on the additional barrells?"

to protect the privacy of the person who sent me this email..but this sums it up...i copied the text of the email..

Sorry that you have had such a rough time.This forum is full of turds that are going to try to make you look like a moron.Just thought I'd tell you in advance.Don't let the bastards get you down!

Again, not trying to pick a fight with the benelli fanatics...but...just accept the truth...great gun..if you don't need additional barrells. also, the truth is that everyone of you who cares about Benelli...just tell your friends to stay away from the APG...they are not ready yet...that is all..the simple truth. And if you want to protect Benelli, write them and tell them that they should take APG off the shelves until they are ready.

for those of you who are sickened by this and have emailed, i've written Realtree a message asking them if they have any insight as to what happened here and if there are barrells in sight..especially the longer ones. for those who may not know, they are the ones with the APG scheme and licensed it to benelli to use on their guns. i'll keep you posted.

I agree with Benelli CS 110%.

You were given bad info by retail clerks. A call to Benelli CS would have confirmed that.

Imagine that, a pimply faced, chronic masturbating, cracking voiced, little know-nothing punk giving out bad info :D

For such a smart guy, you are pretty well disconnected to the real world. I have found this to be common amongst guys that run multi-million dollar companies (of which I am one too - big deal). As a matter of fact, I have 45-50 friends that run multi-million dollar companies. I even have a few that run billion dollar companies. As a buyer I once spent 250 million bucks in one year. Too bad none of that has any causal connection to common sense!

A great businessman such as yourself should also realize that 100% customer service is almost impossible. It's too subjective. What one customer thinks is service may not fit the defintion of another customer.

The simple business fact is that spare barrels are poor sellers. Yes, they are critical to the few customers that really want one, but in general, very few people want them.

In order to provide 100% CS, Benelli would have to stock every barrel length ever made in every blue/matte/camo pattern ever made for every Benelli ever made. And they would have to stock enough of each to satisfy any demand.

All of your problems are old school issues for Benelli. Have been for 20+ years.

Obviously they are not worried about your concerns. If they were, they would have made changes 20 years ago. How Benelli runs their business is not really your call, other than you deciding to buy their products or not. Does Benelli come to your work and tell you how to make license plates?

But in your defense, I think you did the exact correct thing in the first place. Buying a slug version and then a waterfowl barrel saves you the cost of the modified forearm as long as you don't mind that the slug forearm does not fit 100% perfect.

You problem is that the APG is a new camo pattern. The complete guns always come first, the barrels second. I can find camo M2 barrels, but not in APG.

I've eventually broken every gun I've ever bought, so naming 'other' brands is moot. I had a Remington 870 WM fall apart in my hands. I've broken 5-6 Brownings, that latest being a Silver that broke after 4-5 hunts. I even had a mighty Glock fail right out of the box. They fixed it in a week and that gun has been carried by a cop relative every day for the last 15 years.

But I really want to reiterate that I think you did the exact right thing in buying the slug gun first. Benelli is just a bit behind in getting the matching camo barrels to the US market. Also, I'd shoot the 24" APG barrel in a heartbeat. I use extended chokes, and the few fps you lose with a 24" bbl is not really much of a factor.

The Benelli Kool Aid hasn't kilt me over the past 20 years. You just gotta be smarter than the 18 y.o. chicken choker behind the counter at Cabela's ;)

Have you ordered the part number Benelli gave you? They gave you the name of a retailer and the part number. Order it and wait your turn like everybody else. If you don't order it now, it will be even longer...everyone that has one ordered will get theirs first.

Waiting for Benelli parts/firearms/accessoties is very common...I'm suprised you did not come across this fact when doing your pre-purchase research. I have read stories here of people paying big bucks and waiting a year...

I'm not saying I disagree with you that it SUCKS, however, it is what it is. You have to somehow move on. When you get your barrel it will have been worth the wait, and you will have one awesome Nelli!

to protect the privacy of the person who sent me this email..but this sums it up...i copied the text of the email..

Sorry that you have had such a rough time.This forum is full of turds that are going to try to make you look like a moron.Just thought I'd tell you in advance.Don't let the bastards get you down!

Hello Nolaboy1 :)

As I already said, you are not a moron, far from it. You did the right thing, Benelli is just a bit behind with the new camo accessories.

Waiting for Benelli parts/firearms/accessoties is very common...I'm suprised you did not come across this fact when doing your pre-purchase research. I have read stories here of people paying big bucks and waiting a year...

I waited 10 months for my first Benelli in 1990-91. Paid cash in advance to boot.

I ordered a new Winchester Model 70 SS Extreme Weather .270 WSM yesterday - ETA August 2008.

I also ordered a Browning X-Bolt Medallion .270 WSM - ETA July 2008.

ok...wasn't talking about demographics..but in a earlier post...the comment was made that my frustration was born out of not being able to afford it..the truth is..i am. I too have billionaire friends. Who the @#@$ cares. The point is this...the retailer is put in a position to sell guns that are on the shelf. They should not have ever put that gun on the shelf knowing that this will lead to frustration. Also, if this has been going on for 20 years, don't you think that Benelli would have worked very hard to make sure retailers are in fact informed. No, they don't because they want to sell guns to uninformed. It just a shame that so much research has to go into buying a gun, in fear of making a poor decision. Also, you asked me to go ahead and order it. The fact is you can't. It hasn't been manufactured. I understand retail, and also understand customer service. I spoke with gunsmiths...not the freckled masturbating type. All I am saying is that the APG isn't ready for launch. And, for those considering this scheme, stay away...unless..you don't need barrells...because they aren't even saying months..they do not know. And yes, I do take customer feedback to heart. I listen, rationalize and learn. If you are saying they haven't cared for 20 years...then...my friend...that isn't right. And, if as you say, post barrells aren't in big need...then why don't you think they could have put together a better communications plan supporting their launches. And, I do find it hard to believe because both Cabellas and Gander Mountain both said that that is the biggest selling point to their customers....how fast...and if they can...get barrells. The truth is...i will enjoy the slug m2. The other truth is I don't know when i can enjoy the fowl m2. So, if you put yourselves in my shoes...with bird seasons approaching fast.....is ....hmmmmm....go back to the gun collection and use another gun...fine....just a bummer that i'm in a situation because of, as you say, Benelli's careless attitude towards post barrells. As you said, it is just part of the Benelli culture...accept it...and move on. The reason for my post is that many do not have the time to research..me...being one of them...we go into stores....like what we see...and buy. I did ....to a certain level..as I shopped many stores. And, you are right, I was a fool..I admit it...for not listening to their advice..the barrell situation is insane, but was given hope that i could get a post barrell in a fowl version....and ...guess what....they aren't even made yet....and they can't even tell me when...so...whatever....i guess....with that kind of attitude....there will be another 20 years of bitching....so get used to it...i guess...that benelli blowup doll isn't bad looking...i can get used to her....