The Benelli Buls%#%

birdman70

This birdman dude .

OMG

You usually hear of companies producing slug barrels for the guns not bird barrels for slug guns. just an observation.

WHO TOLD YOU you could have a barrel in a short time Benelli or the guy behind the counter.

I think you r problem is with the guys that sold you a gun.

Lesson to learn here.

When buying a firearm once you leave the store - regardless of what the store tells you - you will more thsn lokely end up with the manuafcturer handling any problem.

This is why if you have any questions when buying a firearm , parts etc do your OWN homework first.

Do your home work.

I would find another dealer after this experience.

but they did sell you a gun.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, yeah, you are sorta stupid.

Some high school drop out at Cabella's tells you "dude, the new barrel is coming soon!" then you buy the gun, and start to complain.

Do you realize that BassPro, Cabella's, Ganders, Sportsmans, Academy, and the rest DO NOT care if they sell a gun? Low profit margins across the board.

They have the guns there to make you go "ohh, ahh" and talk to the high school dropouts behind the counter about "my xxx is really great".

They make their money on boots, shirts, waders, hats....anything that THEY make (or in reality, farm out to China)

They make $10 on the gun they sell you (a little more, but hopefully, you get the picture, moron)

What a moron. I'm sorry, I'm a nice guy, but you are a moron for buying a Benelli receiver and then complaining about a barrel not being ready.

How 'bout shooting last year's gun this Fall and then buying the "whole gun" when Benelli releases the 'barrel you want' to the public sometime next year?

Geez, and I thought the election primary season was bringing out the weirdos.

Been a long time since a quality basher has visited and this one was told what to do and just could not do it? Benelli CS comes thru again with proper info but people are clueless when it comes to following instructions? Guess with all his money he was PO'd cause they would not sell to him? Still trying to figure why a Birdman buys a Slugger for Bird season?:confused: I will agree Benelli has issues but Firearms Importers have to deal with a lotta BS and their advertising could be better but all in all they seem to me to doing a great job, their form of Marketing is Italian kinda like their Shotguns and i have never had a problem other than my shotgun took a while to get to me but i ordered new year model prior to release which i was smart enough to figure out and was happy just like i am now!!:)

It hink it has a lot to do with the thinking process. Deer gun for bird season.

- Not understanding the manufacturing processes.

- Assuming because i want it I can get it.

- Letting someone who has nothing to do with the manufacturer make a commitment FOR said manufacturer.

- Listening to someone who has nothing to do with the Corporate (cabelas) pirchasing.

- Listening to what he wants to hear

- basing your "happiness" on someone elses promises.

Trust no one but God!

My first thought is if you paid $1400 for an M2 Deer you did not do your research and got ripped by the retailer. I have never seen a camo M2 in any configeration for over $1100 and around here I can gat a Max4 SBE-II for $1325.

Also the retailers in my area will talk you out of a Remington and try to sell you a Benelli, Browning or Winchester before anything else. This is due to the number of Remingtons sent in for repair or rust problems. I was a dealer fo 10 years (to many headaches) and I seen more 11-87 repaired than all others combined.

I would think that benelli produces the most of and keeps a SUPPLY of what is in DEMAND at the time. if It is a NEW product I would guess that all the barrels in that pattern are going on matching guns to ship to dealers. Accessory barrels are not a consideration until all the gun orders were filled first. if it is that big of an issue for you than buy a black barrel and pay the $75 to have it dipped to match. (what I did with my SBE)

Try to buy an accessory barrel for a Winchester Super X3 right now. As a matter of fact try to buy a factory slug barrel that will fit an X2 or X3 3.5" receiver. YOU CAN'T. They advertised them but I was told be a Winchester Rep that they actually only produced a very short run of them and not many got out. You can get them for the 3" receivers but not the 3.5" receivers and they will not interchange ( I tried). but I did not cry like a spoiled little girl, I just wrote it off as a fact that I did not do enough research first.

AMEN

I bought the m2 with a slug barrel and went throught the same problems. Basspro has worked with me on my frustration and after deer season last weekend tomorrow I will be taking the gun back and they are going to give me the m2 with a 24 inch smooth barrel. You might want to talk to whoever you bought your gun from on a similar option.

I contacted Benelli CS a while ago BEFORE I bought my Nova 20 Ga asking if they made slug barrels. They responded they did not and no plans were in the works to manufacture a slug gun in 20 Ga. So I purchased a 12 Ga slug gun to go along with it, and no more than 2-3 months later they unveiled the 20Ga slug barrel. Am I supposed to believe they did not have any plans to manufacture that barrel a few months in advance? Those are the last Benellis i will purchase, not because I don't like them, but because Benelli reps either lied to me or had no idea what was going on. Either way it is poor CS.

unfortunatly for you and Benlli repsthey are probaly notprivy to what id going on in engineering or manufacturing., especially in the overseas plant.

Should they have known --MAybe I know in my company unlessthey are really sharpand connected they wouldnot have known thosedetails

CAn we move on now