M4 Cycle Question

Ding126

I have a new, unfired M4. I loaded the mag tube and tried to manually cycle out the rounds. The first round will not chamber unless I push the red button..a shell is released onto the carrier and slides into the chamber. Now i pull the bolt back and the shell is extracted, but the next shell sits in the tube. I 've never had a Benelli cycle like this before ( old school ) Hk M190 and M3 prior

Yes I have read the manual.

Question, is this normal? and will the rifle cycle automatically when actually being fired?

Im not sure if this covers your question, but this is what I was practicing at a tac shotgun class during malfunction drills, (of course I was the only one not using an 870 pump so it took longer for me), and please anyone with a better procedure please chime in!

1. Guns tube is fully loaded but nothing in the chanber. Push the Shell Release Button (pn#076j) and pull back the Bolt Handle (pn#030j) and your ready to fire.

2. If you need to empty the gun quickly (as in a malfunction drill) Push the Shell Release Button (pn#076j) and pull back the Bolt Handle (pn#030j). The first time may/will do nothing so you may need to pull it back 2x, then just hit the Release before each time you pull back the Bolt and a shell will clear with EACH pull.

3. If the shell is stuck in the tube (which happened to me because the dummy round was all beat up) then you have to push in the Shell Stop (pn#057j) manually with your finger to drop the bad one (or all). This part sux!

I have a new, unfired M4. I loaded the mag tube and tried to manually cycle out the rounds. The first round will not chamber unless I push the red button..a shell is released onto the carrier and slides into the chamber. Now i pull the bolt back and the shell is extracted, but the next shell sits in the tube. I 've never had a Benelli cycle like this before ( old school ) Hk M190 and M3 prior

Yes I have read the manual.

Question, is this normal? and will the rifle cycle automatically when actually being fired?

Scroll down a few posts. I asked this exact same thing just a few days ago.

Its perfectly normal, and the gun will cycle normally under normal firing operations.

The red button allows you to remove a single shell from the chamber without having to dump the entire mag.

Dont sweat it.

Scroll down a few posts. I asked this exact same thing just a few days ago.

Its perfectly normal, and the gun will cycle normally under normal firing operations.

The red button allows you to remove a single shell from the chamber without having to dump the entire mag.

Dont sweat it.

No-F

Thanks, I couldn't understand why it won't feed & cycle manually. I'll just have to take her out.

Thanks again, I feel better.