Hi-comb on Comfortech stock

AndyUK

Has anyone else gone down this route?

I recently fitted an EOTech512 HWS to my SuperNova, using the Mesa Sureshell saddle rail picatinny mount, only to find that my head position was then waaay too low to look through the holosight properly.

This is my solution, the hi-comb mounted on the Comfortech stock. Yes, it was expensive. I may never be able to afford a Purdey or Holland & Holland but Benelli make it feel as though you have!

SNhicomb.jpg

Regards

AndyUK

This procedure is not mentioned in the manual but is really, just some common-sense mixed with the judicious use of extreme violence:)

Theoretically, you should probably, be able to exchange the comb without removing the stock. I'm obviously, too much of a wimp and was unable to exert enough force on the comb with the stock assembled.

So, take the stock off, as outlined in the manual. HAVING FIRST MADE CERTAIN THAT THE MAGAZINE AND CHAMBER ARE UNLOADED. i.e. 'peel' away the recoil pad and use a 13mm or 1/2" socket on a long extention to loosen and remove the stock, making note of the orientation of the metal plate under the stock nut.

Remove the internal plastic frame.

Push up on the comb to distort it out of shape and also simultaneously, push forward to disengage the 'lip' moulded into the bottom, middle of the comb.

Re-assemble, pushing down and to the rear on the new comb. You might find it works easier if you first replace the internal plastic frame.

Re-attach stock, giving attention to the orientation of the metal plate. Don't over-tighten the stock bolt. Replace the recoil pad.

Hope that this works for you, it took me about ten minutes in total.

Regards

Andy

• 2 years later...
This procedure is not mentioned in the manual but is really, just some common-sense mixed with the judicious use of extreme violence:)

Theoretically, you should probably, be able to exchange the comb without removing the stock. I'm obviously, too much of a wimp and was unable to exert enough force on the comb with the stock assembled.

Regards

Andy

Andy, thanks for the tutorial on exchanging the gel combs on the comfortech stock. Since I put a Nikon Monarch Red Dot Scope on my Super Black Eagle 2, I needed to place an extra high gel comb on my comfortech stock.

Didn't take off the stock nor resort to extreme violence. Direct force was needed.

Got a large sized slotted screwdriver and worked around the edges of the gel comb that came with the comfortech stock with the stock still attached to the receiver. This "loosening" it up may have saved a lot of force later on I reckon.

Then worked the rear out by pushing forward on it with the slotted screwdriver.

Next was the front by applying force up and towards the rear.

Once the front was out, just grabbed the front with my fingers and placed my palm over the central portion and pushed forward on it and it came right out.

By looking at the stock the crucial portion seems to be getting the middle plastic tab under the small transverse bar in the stock. So I worked the extra high gel comb into a slight "U" shape and placed that portion.

Then the rear was worked in quite nicely, with the front to follow.

Thanks for your help. The google search came up with squat.

Cheers, J