M3 Help

jrkarp

I just purchased one of the pre-ban M3 police trade in topfolders that CMMG is selling. These weapons had been converted by the police department to semi auto only. I ordered the part to convert it back to its original configuration.

Tonight, I took the gun apart and installed the new selector. I thought I had done everything right, including winding the selector return spring back around the selector and everything else.

Now, I can't get the gun to switch to semi-auto. It works as a pump (although the bolt does not come forward with the slide - is that normal?), but an attempt to switch it to semi results in the return spring sending the selector back to pump.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Did I reinstall something incorrectly? I was very

careful.

• 10 months later...

Sounds like the spring that keeps tension on the "selector" to lock it in the Semi auto mode, may be wound backwards.

The bolt closes when you hit the bolt release to close the bolt, even when in the "pump" mode, unless there is a shell in the chamber, then it works normally. That is the way mine works.