Super Nova or Stoeger 2000

jmckinley

I having been debating on both of these guns for the past few weeks and will put my money on the table this week. I must admit the 2000 is getting mixed reviews at best and am leaning toward the Nova. I had a Nova and sold it. I wished i would have kept it. last year i took 17 snow in a box of shells and have the same hunt in 2 weeks. I think the 31/2 shells are more effective on geese and cranes. The Super nova fits the bill nicely. Has anyone used the Super and how does it handle and is it smoother than the original. thanks. This is my first post. Jess

If these are your last two choices then its easy. Super Nova.

If you must have the auto look at the Beretta 3901 citizen in black, they sell them at Walmart, fleet farm, anywhere for around $500 give or take depending on the location.

Not bad for an entry autoloader.

I having been debating on both of these guns for the past few weeks and will put my money on the table this week. I must admit the 2000 is getting mixed reviews at best and am leaning toward the Nova. I had a Nova and sold it. I wished i would have kept it. last year i took 17 snow in a box of shells and have the same hunt in 2 weeks. I think the 31/2 shells are more effective on geese and cranes. The Super nova fits the bill nicely. Has anyone used the Super and how does it handle and is it smoother than the original. thanks. This is my first post. Jess

Based on the reviews that I have seen on the 2000, I would go with the Super Nova. I have a Nova and have a hard time hitting the inside of a barn with it. I have an M2 that I shoot much better. It and the Super Nova have the shim system that you can use to adjust the fit with. That is why I would consider th eSuper Nova over the 2000.

Mike

Nova, Nova, Nova. Nova's are the best for the money. I have a 28 12gauge nova(for geese and duck) , a 20 26 inch 20 gauge(for upland and dove) nova and a camo 24 inch 12 gauge super nova for turkey. I love em and I will never buy anything else. The only I like and don't like at the same time is the weight. 12 gauge novas can weight 8 or more pounds which is why I have a 20 gauge now. But for turkey and geese they are alot better on the shoulder.

novaking