New M2!

sputterbug

First post and first shotgun!

I just now ordered my first gun... M2, 12ga, 26" in a lefty black syn model. I've hunted and shot with family/friends since I was a pup, but this is my first gun of my own :)

It's requested from the factory, 5 days, then shipped to my FFL between Christmas and New Year's. woohoo!

I got the Satin Walnut stock. I am very partial toward wood. Its the classic look that I like. I also like the feel of a wood stock a lot more than synthetic. Nothing wrong with synthetic, I guess? Many prefer synthetic because it's hard to scratch up and if you duck hunt it won't get beat up in the boat and it's okay to get wet.

That said, I am very careful to make sure my gun doesn't get beat up and scratched! I go out of my way to take care of my stuff. I like to have my stuff look new 10 years down the road if I can. If you aren't religious about keeping your stuff nice I would get the synthetic.