Raffaello Insight??

fishinguy

I have humted for years, and am finally purchasing my own new Shotgun in 30 years. Seems the last 6 or 7 shotguns (new & used) I've purchased are for my boys, so time to treat myself....

I cannot find a Raffaello Deluxe anywhere. There really seems to be little info anywhere on the web either. Has anyone reading tonight purchased the gun?

I noticed on the Benelli website, many of the World Class guns list this statement:

"Minimum recommended load, use 3-dram, 1 1/8 oz. loads in all Benelli 12-ga semi-auto shotguns. Specifications subject to change without notice."

I don't see this for the other guns. Is there something very different mechanically with the gun?

I'm open to your thoughts. It looks like a beautiful gun and someday I'll pass it down to one of the boys. Maybe after the 1,000th pheasant.....

I noticed on the Benelli website, many of the World Class guns list this statement:

"Minimum recommended load, use 3-dram, 1 1/8 oz. loads in all Benelli 12-ga semi-auto shotguns. Specifications subject to change without notice."

That is the minimum load requirement for all 12 ga. Nellies, not just the Raffaello.

I believe if you check the specification tabs for all models you will see it in the fine print. Finding a dealer with one may take a little patience and a lot of searching. Have you checked Guns America or Gun Broker? Good luck in your search.

http://www.herosarms.com/HA305_Benelli_WC_Raffaello_12-26/HA305.htm Benelli only has 28 World Class Dealers and when ya treat yourself keep me in mind!! :D This is a used one and it looks like a nice shotgun but it's an Itallian Inertia Shotgun which they pretty much all need the same charge to cycle! If broken in correctly it should shoot the smaller charge rounds but Benelli does not reccomend it! I know nothing about this dealer so keep that in mind! I am also up for adoption come 1 Jan 2008, if ya get one and do not like it keep me in mind!! DAD! hehe!

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/inertia.tpl

Thanks. I was/am thinking about it. I really am looking forward to passing this gun on someday. I shoot an older 870, older mossberg too. I expect this to be a special purchase, but I do need to keep the money in mind, which is why I haven't purchased yet. I'm looking for as much info as I can get first.

I have a Benelli 1994 Black Eagle Limited Edition which I have been thinking about selling. It listed for $2000 retail in 1994. It is NIB, with fancy wood, gold inlays, shoots 2 3/4 or 3" shells. A supurb gun in new, mint condition with all the papers, etc. It looks quite a bit like the SBE Flyway at Jacques in a post above but is new, never fired, and does not shoot 3 1/2 inch shells. I think it has nicer wood. Let me know if interested. I can email pictures. I will PM you too. We could make arrangements through a third party (maybe Paypal?) to make sure we are both protected in the transaction.