Which One Would You?

farmer_tim

I am looking to buy a pump either a Nova or Super Nova for waterfowling.

the cost are about 100.00 difference and I could go either way. I guess what I am wanting

to know is it worth paying the difference for the SN.

I will probably be getting this gun nice and dirty alot. I had narrowed down my choice to the

benelli's after reading mixed reviews about the Rem 870 super magnum.

The other question is would you go with the Syn Stock or Camo I am looking at the Max 4 HD.

I just want a good gun that will go bang bang bang when I need it easy to clean and the finish isn't

too bad.

Thanks in Advance

Tim

Stoeger M2000 Walnut 12/28 Never Fired This Yet.

Stoeger Condor 12/28 For Inexpensive I love this gun Pheasants hate it! LOL

Rem 870 20/26 My oldest and still kicking.

Rem 710 270 Win Coyotes are not its friend.

If it were me and the difference was $100 like you said then get the super nova, it has a few nicer features that you will appreciate the longer you own it.

870 super mag in my opinion is still tough to beat and would still remain my first choice is choosing a pump.

the cost are about 100.00 difference and I could go either way. I guess what I am wanting

I will probably be getting this gun nice and dirty alot. I had narrowed down my choice to the

The other question is would you go with the Syn Stock or Camo I am looking at the Max 4 HD.

I just want a good gun that will go bang bang bang when I need it easy to clean and the finish isn't

too bad.

Thanks in Advance

Tim

I have a Nova along with an M2. I owuld go with the Super Nova. It is supposed toi be an update of the Nova and it has the shims so you can get a better gun fit with it.

As to camo patterns that is a personal choice. THis one came with Shadow grass from a DU shoot. All my other guns are Walnut stocked.

Mike

Either will be fine.

Just curious. Why not the Stoeger 2000 you already have?

Well I thought about that too. I have not even put it together yet. I bought it one day when

at Dick's and it was on sale. Then I got home read comments reviews etc. To be honest I

have been leery of using it, even giving thought to selling it.

But I have read more and more good things and I guess this weekend I'll take it out of the

box break it down clean it well and then put alot of rounds thru it. Going to be cold and snowy

give me something to do.

The other worry I have is waterfowling and the wood stock, could warp it or ruin it.

Just saw a thread on the Super Nova someone took it out hunting and it was a light rain

and next day rust.

Bottom line I guess its a crap shoot you may luck out get a great gun or you could get a POS

you'll curse forever.

Now with that said I have owned a Condor for 7 years now and not one lick of a problem only

one time did it not fire. I used some remington shells switched to federals and not a problem

since. So I consider myself lucky on that one.

Tim

I didn't realize the 2000 was wooden stocked.

But at the price you paid, it's worth a try either way.

As you said, they are a crapshoot.

Two buddies have 'em.

One has shot dove loads from day one and never had an issue.

The other has shot nothing but the heavy stuff and it hangs up quite often.

Would you be able to trade your 2000 in for a Nova at a dealer near you,or for a S/Nova with some cash on top?

I got a SN on sat 489.00 at Dicks Max 4HD. I kept the 2000 and on a side note and not a Benelli.

My wife was with me. She found a gun she liked a HR Pardner Pump 12ga 28in 3. In APG Camo

for 229.00 and she went home and put 50 rounds thru it and no problems. The salesman at Dicks

said it was a good little gun and she likes it. Now she wants to go hunting too.

LOL why did she like the pardner it was "pretty" LOL too funny.

Tim

Tip:

The Salesman at Dicks is not a gun expert.

Last week, he was working the drive-thru at Mickey D's ;)

Now I know for a fact he was working at Burger King! LOL

Actually Butch who works there is an avid hunter and is a big shot in the clermont county

sportmans club which has a huge park-acreage type place with range lodge etc. I tried to

talk her into the remington super magnum but she didn't like the black.

The gun looks pretty solid and for the money it was on sale at 229 on par with a express magnum.

Oh well see.

its one of those things if it works out kewl if not well not out alot..

as for me my next purchase will be a BUL but thats a few months away.

Tim

too bad.

Thanks in Advance

Tim

Man, I own a Benelli SBE II and love it. My bro owns a SBE I and he loves it.

............But, if I was getting a pump it would be with out a doubt a Remington 870. (In fact, I own one in 20gauge).

I've seen the Nova's and wasn't really impressed. They seem loose and bulky.

However.....two of my friends have Nova's and LOVE them. So.....what can I say.

I do know that everyone I know who has an 870 loves them and has had them forever.

And.....there's been over 11million Remington 870 manufactured. That tells you something.

Also: I wouldn't get one in CAMO. I've only heard of people saying how it chips off and has problems. I'd just get mine in black.

Even then, Benelli has always had weak bluing and camoing. But at least there bluing stays on longer and doesn't cost more money.