Rust on my benelli

pmeyer01

The most of the US citizens use to hunt. One of their hobby is hunting. They often use to hunt and decorate their homes. The US government have set the rules for not hunting the animals. There are also some committees, who fight against the hunters. The US government have created many new national parks to safeguard the animals from the hunters.

-------------------------

davinick

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one more item before someone tries to hide negative Benelli experiences. We all know gun manufacturers use marketing ploys to increase sales. I'm looking at the similar models - SBEII, Winchester SX2 & Beretta Xtrema2. On this front, Benelli focuses on the barrel, recoil reduction, barrel, molding/grip and the inertia driven bolt. (Crio, ComforTech, Airtouch, Inertia Driven). They do not mention/highlight coatings & corrosion resistance, while Beretta & Winchester do with own technologies (AquaTech & PermaCote UT). See the Beretta-copied comments below. I would suggest that Benelli, at a minimum, adapt the parent company technology of AquaTech for their guns. In my experience, it seems that nearly ANYTHING would be an improvement from the current coating techniques used. Thanks

"This new shotgun features Aqua technology for extreme environmental protection. All internal and external metallic components are constructed of advanced corrosive resistant materials. This means that even the coastal salt-spray that would ruin a traditional shotgun on a waterfowl outing will not damage this gun."

I would suspect your maintenance or lack there of as the culprit behind your problem, not Benelli's lack of proper application/or as you put it poor application/cost cutting. I have a first year SBE II, 7 of the 8 people on our lease have Benelli's, and we have no issues.

I have 2 camo models, the rest are black synthetic (11 total), just added another M2, and a new in the box M1, and I see no difference in any of them that would lead me to believe that Benelli has changed the coating process. You can bash Benelli all you want, but if it really bothered you as much as you claim, you wouldn't be here everyday posting.

Let's do the math:

54,049 post on this site, minus your 34...

54,049 - 34 = 54,015

Now let's take another 10% off of that...........

54,015 - 5401.5 = 48613.5 total posts

My point is even if 10% of the posts bashed Benelli, there is still an over whelming majority who love them, and I for one, love each and everyone of mine.

The most of the US citizens use to hunt. One of their hobby is hunting. They often use to hunt and decorate their homes. The US government have set the rules for not hunting the animals. There are also some committees, who fight against the hunters. The US government have created many new national parks to safeguard the animals from the hunters.

-------------------------

davinick

they have also set land aside for public hunting. there are a butt load of government lands in texas open to the public, but you are reqiured to purchase a "typeII" license.

i was replying , to shed light on the subject. why do you care??

The post from jondifra you replied is spam, I was just hassling you.

I have one more item before someone tries to hide negative Benelli experiences. We all know gun manufacturers use marketing ploys to increase sales. I'm looking at the similar models - SBEII, Winchester SX2 & Beretta Xtrema2. On this front, Benelli focuses on the barrel, recoil reduction, barrel, molding/grip and the inertia driven bolt. (Crio, ComforTech, Airtouch, Inertia Driven). They do not mention/highlight coatings & corrosion resistance, while Beretta & Winchester do with own technologies (AquaTech & PermaCote UT). See the Beretta-copied comments below. I would suggest that Benelli, at a minimum, adapt the parent company technology of AquaTech for their guns. In my experience, it seems that nearly ANYTHING would be an improvement from the current coating techniques used. Thanks

"This new shotgun features Aqua technology for extreme environmental protection. All internal and external metallic components are constructed of advanced corrosive resistant materials. This means that even the coastal salt-spray that would ruin a traditional shotgun on a waterfowl outing will not damage this gun."

I know three fellow shooters with broken Xtrema II's. A part in the bolt rail area breaks - same part on all three guns - not even a part made by Beretta according to Beretta USA. Beretta repairs in their own due time, usually several months.

I have a Browning Silver, made in the same factory as the SX3, that has broken or failed several times. The Duratouch finish started to fail after 3-4 hunts. Browning CS said there was no warranty on their finish. This was an $1100 gun by the way.

What say you on this?

I would say that Will Rogers probably never met you :D

Here's the dealeo, if this happened on every Benelli, they would be out of business. Like someone accurately stated, it does not, and at least 90%+ of Benelli owners are happy.

Plain and simple, the odds are that you don't know how to care for your firearm. While you truly may have a defective finish on your barrel, that is an issue for Benelli CS, and we all know that:

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (800-264-4962 or 301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

My reply is that in my experience and in the areas I hunt, the coating is ineffective. I have to apply a heavy outside coat of oil especially right before & right after my hunts. When I wipe the gun down, I always – REPEAT ALWAYS – get rust residue on my rag. None of my other guns do this. I care for my guns meticulously. I do not get a sense that this gun will last a lifetime. A few people I know with the same model in my area have the same problem. The authorized dealer where I bought the gun has heard of the problem from many owners. This authorized dealer has suggested that I get my one year old SBEII re-coated/refinished. My one year old SBEII has been back to the factory – some parts were replaced & some were adjusted for repeated cycling failures.

I do not know if Benelli product quality & materials has gone down, but to me, I supect it has & to me, the product stinks. Had I known I would have these problems with one of the most expensive field guns on the market, I would (of course) not have bought it. This is my first Benelli gun & this is my experience with the product.

i have an experment for you guys. get a piece of bare steel pipe about 2-3ft long. make sure is not galvinized,or this wont work.sand this pipe till its nice and shiny clean. knock a good size dent in one end [for referance] then list what you used where, from the dent down,about every 3"apply various lubes or protectants. try everything you can think of. try wd-40,3in1 oil, motor oil and anything else you have, or can think of. now put the pipe outside under a lawn sprinkler, leave for a few days, check it often. the proof is in pudding.

All I know is that I have owned a myriad of brands of shotguns, and while I absolutely love my Benelli's and liked the Remington's I've owned, I wouldnt give a nickel for a Mossberg. I owned a 500 when I was a teenager and almost threw it in the lake. What a POS. I traded it for some goose dekes and was happy to be rid of it. Comparing a Nova or a SBE to a 870 or a 500 is *****s and oranges.

yeah, it's salty in my area - but it doesn't affect my other guns, including my charles daly. that's rights - a gun that cost less than half of the price of a benelli barrel has a better coating. that's something to me.

i look forward to seeing if corrosion x &/or boeshield solves the benelli coating problem this season. if not, i'll get it recoated (assuming there are no more cycling problems) or possibly sell it. thanks

I wouldnt give a nickel for a Mossberg. I owned a 500 when I was a teenager and almost threw it in the lake. What a POS.

wow, that hurts bad, stompin on my mossberg 500 like that.

LOL :D

i have a mossberg 500

that was the first gun i ever bought and shoot it hard every yr i have killed almost anything we have to hunt around here and killed very effectively with it.

i payed $150 brand new for it.

also hunted in the worst weather possible and never had a problem i only hope my new stoeger can live up to my expectations of a shotgun.