Rust on my benelli

pmeyer01

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rust problems??

Here is a good solution that lasts for quite some time.

Forget about oils and greases. The stain your hunting garments and wear off quickly.

I coat all my rifles and shotgun exterior steel surfaces with Johnsons floor wax paste or turtle car wax.

Wipe down the wax. Let dry then rub with a dry cloth or paper towel, go hunting in a wet boat on a rainy day and enjoy yourself.

No more rust problems.

Repeat once a while.

It works great!

Shrike

• 4 months later...

I've used my Nova for 5 years and got lots of rain and salt water on it....but no rust problems. When I bought it the salesman knew I would be waterfowling and strongly recommended that I get the camo model. I really think that the camo coating has been helpful in protecting the gun ...and it has no sign of peeling off like my son's 11-87 is. After each hunt I fog the gun down with WD40 and no worries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Super Nova, about a year and a half old. I too have a problem with the barrel rusting. I have to take a rag with oil on it and wipe the barrel when duck hunting. I also have a problem with mis firing. I have tried everything mentioned on this site, but nothing works, it still fires when it wants to. Now, I have a friend who has a Super Nova thats about 5 years old and no problems at all. Something was changed in the last 2 years and the quality went in the toilet for the Super Nova, and I see complaints about the Stroger 2000 firing when it wants. But Benelli hasnt said a thing about the problem, or that they will look into it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Super Nova, about a year and a half old. I too have a problem with the barrel rusting. I have to take a rag with oil on it and wipe the barrel when duck hunting. I also have a problem with mis firing. I have tried everything mentioned on this site, but nothing works, it still fires when it wants to. Now, I have a friend who has a Super Nova thats about 5 years old and no problems at all. Something was changed in the last 2 years and the quality went in the toilet for the Super Nova, and I see complaints about the Stroger 2000 firing when it wants. But Benelli hasnt said a thing about the problem, or that they will look into it.

sounds like the firing pin may be flattened.this happens with a lot of automatics, when fired in imitation full auto mode.

Is anyone else dissapointed with rust problems on their Benelli?

Rust in 6 hours!!! Unbelievable...

A few days ago I shot my Benelli in a snowstorm (I know, I shouldn't have!) Well, as I lined up on H1, a snowflake went in the barrel and immediately caused so much rust that the barrel was obstructed as I pulled the trigger and the gun blew up!;)

Do you think Benelli will replace it?:D

A few days ago I shot my Benelli in a snowstorm (I know, I shouldn't have!) Well, as I lined up on H1, a snowflake went in the barrel and immediately caused so much rust that the barrel was obstructed as I pulled the trigger and the gun blew up!;)

Do you think Benelli will replace it?:D

You get an A+ for creativity, but you made a B- on grammar. There should be a comma after "snowstorm," and there should be a period at the end of the parenthetical section in the first sentence. However, your creativity far outshines these minute shortcomings! Keep up the good work! I really enjoyed your post.

Best wishes,

Your freshman English teacher (from 43 years ago?)

You get an A+ for creativity, but you made a B- on grammar. There should be a comma after "snowstorm," and there should be a period at the end of the parenthetical section in the first sentence. However, your creativity far outshines these minute shortcomings! Keep up the good work! I really enjoyed your post.

Best wishes,

Your freshman English teacher (from 43 years ago?)

my grammer isn't as good because my English teacher was (most likely) alot better looking than you.:D