Why does anyone want an M4 when its cursed out-of-box

theglockguy

owned 2 tactical m1 super90, ordered another one (as an M2)

everyone has one happy.

the M4????? pictures of broken gas pistons all over the place..... not half as reliable, MORE expensive by a long shot.

so, who the **** is buying them and why? the ignorant folks who havent read 100 pages on the net of people bitching about their M4 malfunctioning or the piston breaking. :p

Well, if you listen to everything that is on the internet, then bad on you. The internet is full of mis-information. You have to make an educated assestment of everything written and take into account who wrote it and what knowledge and experience he/she has on the subject material.

Don't believe everything you read. In fact, unless you see it with your own eyes, it may not be true anyway.

People post things all the time cause they are just unhappy or pissed off at said company for whatever reason and love to put misinformation out on the internet highway. Then when some unsuspecting person comes along trying to seek knowledge on the subject, takes what is written as fact and it ruins his/her chances of making an educated guess due to the misinformation.

I have read well over 100 posts in the last couple months about M4's that work flawlessly. I have also read about some that did not perform optimally and had problems.

You also have to consider that just cause some people had problems with them doesn't necessarily mean that the product is a piece. Everything that is man made is likely to fail at some point. I mean, we made it and we are not perfect creatures.

You also have no history on the person reporting the problem.

How well does he clean the weapon?

How often does he perform PM(Preventative Maintenance)?

Does he take care of it or use it as a beater stick?

If he took it apart, did he put it back together properly?

Does he know how to properly use the weapon in question?

There is much more to consider than just a broken piston or a malfunctioning weapon?

It is unfortunate that there are problems like that, and it is informative for others to know of a potential problem, but to just say it is a piece of ***** cause you saw a 100 pages on the internet of broken pieces isn't really a fair assestment.

What about the millions of them sold around the world? I have friends still on active duty that I have spoke intently about the M4 and some like it and some don't. Some say it is the best thing since swiss cheese, others would still rather have the mossburg or the 870.

So it is all a matter of opinion really.

Ok, I will stop rambling now.

owned 2 tactical m1 super90, ordered another one (as an M2)

everyone has one happy.

the M4????? pictures of broken gas pistons all over the place..... not half as reliable, MORE expensive by a long shot.

so, who the **** is buying them and why? the ignorant folks who havent read 100 pages on the net of people bitching about their M4 malfunctioning or the piston breaking. :p

What, in the **** are you talking about?

The M4 has MORE than proven itself.

Is there a broken M4 out there? Im sure there is. Im also sure that there are some broken M1s and 2s out there, your point?

What kind of malfunctions are you talking about? Piston breaking? Breaking how? Do you have some links to any of this?

Sounds like some one has a grudge against the best and most field proven shot gun avalible. I am sure the us military made a bad choice and still continues to purchas and use those broken old M4's. Were is that link you are blabing about? Enjoy your M1 & M2, keep dreaming maybe santa will bring you the top of the line next year-----Peace----

I am sure the us military made a bad choice and still continues to purchas and use those broken old M4's. quote]

No ****, and they damn sure didnt do it to save $$, I saw where they are paying about $1100 for each unit. Cheap compared to what we pay, but a damn sight more expensive than ordering a bunch of 870s or 590s would have been.

I sense jealousy. 2 posts? Sounds like someone registered to spread some hate.

Sounds like some one has a grudge against the best and most field proven shot gun avalible. -

You MUST HAVE lost your frigging mind :D :rolleyes:

Remington 870 outnumber all benellis combined by a factor of 10,000 to 1

and OUTDATE (created) them

870 has, all combined together, countless Millions more hours in VERY ROUGH field testing over all benellis ever made combined........son

i cant believe you said something that stupid.......!!

M1Super90/M2 is a reliable gun, but thru the muck and mud nothing outlasts a Rem 870, not even close.

heres $5, go buy a clue

The M4 has MORE than proven itself.

Is there a broken M4 out there? Im sure there is.

What kind of malfunctions are you talking about? Piston breaking? Breaking how? Do you have some links to any of this?

there used to be several on this board i saw years ago, but those posts cant be found, theyve expired

the ONLY reason the marines chose the M4, is to hang 20 pounds of crap off the gun, optics, etc....and a collapsable stock...........both reasons of which deny the M2 platform the selection.

Thanks again for the info but last time I checked my pvs14 with the eotech 552, surefire and laser came in well under 20lbs. If the m2 works for you I say go for it. If you want the m4 then go for it. You only live once.

People told me that Kimbers were a POS and I have had no trouble with them either.

Go figure, Diffrent people diffrent results!!

Thanks again and Have a NICE day

John

Hey Bro, as in "Don't Taze Me Bro"Shouldent you be on the Glock site?? All the love my brother but it sounds like you are out numberd!!! What was the link again??? Ow yea it exspired!!! Thats right!! 870's are a great gun as well No? ----------Peace----&----marry x-mas to all

I have fired hundreds of rounds from my Benelli M4 SBS without one single malfunction.

Yes there are going to be more 870's around for 2 reasons. They have been around longer and they are cheap.

Don't knock the M4 until you get one yourself, that is if you can afford it.

You MUST HAVE lost your frigging mind :D :rolleyes:

Remington 870 outnumber all benellis combined by a factor of 10,000 to 1

and OUTDATE (created) them

870 has, all combined together, countless Millions more hours in VERY ROUGH field testing over all benellis ever made combined........son

i cant believe you said something that stupid.......!!

M1Super90/M2 is a reliable gun, but thru the muck and mud nothing outlasts a Rem 870, not even close.

heres $5, go buy a clue

Comparing an 870 to an M4 is a non sequitur. I own both, and of course, the 870 I've owned for 20 years, and even bought used . It works well, hasn't broken yet (knock on woody). BUT, I would not bet my life on it when I have an M4 available. A little less than 1000 rounds without a hickup and the M4 is my choice of self defense close quarters firearm. I've seen LEOs training with their 870's, but the M4 would just stomp if they had it. You try to come through my door with an 870, I'll bet I'll win. To paraphrase a favorite movie line "you'll look pretty stupid to the coroner with that (insert choice of weapon here) sticking out of your ass"

Before you buy an M4, inspect the box carefully. You should be able to tell if it's been cursed by looking for strange markings, signs of chicken blood, pin holes, animal urine, etc..

I made sure the one I bought wasn't cursed. I didn't go so far as having it blessed by a Priest, but it performs flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with it.

Just bought the last one I could find in southern Florida and it works tremendously at the range for me. Most responses were they were out of inventory until mid Feb. and the local leo had an order in for the first six. So make your own decision, but I bought the best and even paid retail, but who cares if I can afford it, I'm ready for the worst!! And by the way, at the range today, I was next to a Ak which was jamming after firing one round, each time, so, which one would you have for HD??? 20 rounds through the target at 50 yards flawlesly! What a beautiful piece for self defense!!!!!:)

I have 1000 shells through mine. Only 3 malfunctions--1 was my fault and the other 2 were in the first 50 shells. Handles all kinds of ammo including low recoil.

Buckshot patterns really well and slugs are very accurate (head sized groups at 100 yards).

I read all kinds of horror stories too. Thankfully, that has not been my experience. I would trust my life to this shotgun.

A little less than 1000 rounds without a hickup and the M4 is my choice of self defense close quarters firearm. I've seen LEOs training with their 870's, but the M4 would just stomp if they had it. You try to come through my door with an 870, I'll bet I'll win. To paraphrase a favorite movie line "you'll look pretty stupid to the coroner with that (insert choice of weapon here) sticking out of your ass"

1000 rounds is nothing, you mental midget....drag your M4 thru the rain and mud and see how long you get with it.

******Id use my short-barreled AK-47 class-III full-auto to "come thru a door", not a shotgun!!.......which cycles faster????my classIII AK47, or your M4?????? idiot prick LOL

id get off 20 shots before the M4 has cycled the 2nd round into the chamber!!!!!!!! LOL

another idiot prick above says "get an M4, if you can afford it". LOL :D

Ive got 137 guns between 2 safes, that i can AFFORD something, doesnt mean i WANT TO BUY IT. :rolleyes:

By the way, as im sure most of you know the benelli nova is a POS relative to a 870 Rem.......its a turd.

Anyone here mention that "NOVA'' is Spanish for "it doesnt work/ run" !!!!!!!!! no - va (work, run , opperate) !!!!! LOL

My M1Super90 tactical and my new M2 tactical are great guns,...as i said in the 1st post, im not trashing Benelli. I love my Benellis....In the house, id rather grab my M2 tactical OBVIOUSLY than a pump of ANY variety......

i wont trust any semiauto shotgun with 3" magnums

you could be a brain dead and fully drunk myopic redneck, and still rely on propper feed and function of a 870 Rem. pump 30% covered in rust and covered in cobwebs.....which was propped up in the bedrooom for 14 years without being touched....

not so an M2, M4, or other auto. :rolleyes:

If the M2 tactical was same price to COPS as the remington 870, WOULD THEY BUY THE M2 INSTEAD?????????

logically, thats rather unlikely in most instances...........

cops COULD be outfitted with full auto M16s, but due to legal reasons and others, theyre outfitted with semi AR15's. .....

I can see some cop in court being asked why he emptied 7 shells of 00BUCK into a scumbag......i.e. overkill.

course we ALL KNOW how fun and quickly easy it is to empty an M2/M4 :D

LOL....

137 guns between 2 safes.... 68 guns per safe... (snicker)...

... walk in safes no doubt!:rolleyes:

They surely aren't as impressive as the 46 cars he has between his two car garage.:D

As often as I see ass clowns in this life it still never ceases to amaze me how they are able to believe their own BS (much less think anyone else will).

Before you buy an M4, inspect the box carefully. You should be able to tell if it's been cursed by looking for strange markings, signs of chicken blood, pin holes, animal urine, etc..

I made sure the one I bought wasn't cursed. I didn't go so far as having it blessed by a Priest, but it performs flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with it.

Well I don't know about you fellas, but I'm havin' fun with it!

Yea I was that idiot prick that said you can't afford one, which I am sure you can't, becuse you are full of BS.

You talk about going through a door in a gun fight. I have been a cop for 20 years now and before that, I was a grunt in the USMC. Until you have the shirt to prove it, you need to shut the f--k up.

Thanks

1000 rounds is nothing, you mental midget....drag your M4 thru the rain and mud and see how long you get with it.

******Id use my short-barreled AK-47 class-III full-auto to "come thru a door", not a shotgun!!.......which cycles faster????my classIII AK47, or your M4?????? idiot prick LOL

id get off 20 shots before the M4 has cycled the 2nd round into the chamber!!!!!!!! LOL

another idiot prick above says "get an M4, if you can afford it". LOL :D

Ive got 137 guns between 2 safes, that i can AFFORD something, doesnt mean i WANT TO BUY IT. :rolleyes:

By the way, as im sure most of you know the benelli nova is a POS relative to a 870 Rem.......its a turd.

Anyone here mention that "NOVA'' is Spanish for "it doesnt work/ run" !!!!!!!!! no - va (work, run , opperate) !!!!! LOL

My M1Super90 tactical and my new M2 tactical are great guns,...as i said in the 1st post, im not trashing Benelli. I love my Benellis....In the house, id rather grab my M2 tactical OBVIOUSLY than a pump of ANY variety......

You talk about going through a door in a gun fight. I have been a cop for 20 years now and before that, I was a grunt in the USMC. Until you have the shirt to prove it, you need to shut the f--k up.

Thanks

well i think that right there just about sums it up! dont you?? thanks HDR!

you cant talk the talk, if you havent walked the walk!