Ejector Frame Broke and Can't Find a New One

MurphysLaw

New to this forum and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My ejector frame on my SBE broke last week right in the middle of the best week of duck hunting this year. I took the old one out had a new one overnighted from Brownells, but guess what - it don't fit. The one that is described and listed on Brownells and in my owners manual is the screw in type (ejector case, screw, plate, and spring) but the one I took out of my gun is not the screw in type. Mine only has the frame and the spring as described for the left hand model in my owners manual (045M). My gun is a right hand model. So, I called customer service today and they told me that I needed an ejector "plate" and spring for a SBE2 (parts 60058 and 60059). Did Benelli use the same parts for SBE and SBE2 here? Called Brownells and that part has been backordered since October and they are not sure when Benelli will send those parts to them.

Does anyone know where I can find an ejector plate and spring for a SBE2 that will fit my SBE? Hopefully this is the right part.

Thanks

Ryan

New to this forum and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My ejector frame on my SBE broke last week right in the middle of the best week of duck hunting this year. I took the old one out had a new one overnighted from Brownells, but guess what - it don't fit. The one that is described and listed on Brownells and in my owners manual is the screw in type (ejector case, screw, plate, and spring) but the one I took out of my gun is not the screw in type. Mine only has the frame and the spring as described for the left hand model in my owners manual (045M). My gun is a right hand model. So, I called customer service today and they told me that I needed an ejector "plate" and spring for a SBE2 (parts 60058 and 60059). Did Benelli use the same parts for SBE and SBE2 here? Called Brownells and that part has been backordered since October and they are not sure when Benelli will send those parts to them.

Does anyone know where I can find an ejector plate and spring for a SBE2 that will fit my SBE? Hopefully this is the right part.

Thanks

Ryan

sorry to hear about your ejector breakage,,you''ll figure it out,,if it where me,,I would not stop till my Benelli was fixed,,either by me or someone else,,but it will get fixed.

Mudhen,

That is the flat sheet metal style. I bought the gun in 2001 and it may not have 15k rounds through her but I would be bet it is pretty close. I found a schematic of a SBE2 on the Italian Benelli website and sure enough that ejector plate looks the same as the one in my 01 SBE. Now I just need to find someone that has one in stock.

• 2 years later...

I can answer my own ?

I did get the proper Ejector plate from Brownells it does appear that early than 2001 they had manufacturing change in regards to the screw in type and the stamped metal Ejector Frame.

I ordered both the Ejector plate and spring yesterday. And this is what they are using in the SBE II...

301-000-421 60058 SBEII EJECTOR PLATE

301-000-405 SBE II EJECTOR SPRING

So if anyone has to order one for themselves here is the correct info for that...........

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased another SBE I and it is missing the ejector plate and spring. This SBE I is older than the first one that I talked about in this thread. Has anyone ever seen the spring and ejector frame missing on a SBE before?

How do you remove the ejector case from the barrel. Do the two set screws hold it in place? Also what size of set screws are used?

Does the ejector frame and spring sit behind the ejector case?

On this gun there was no spring or ejector frame on the gun when I purchased it. Not sure where it got to....

Thanks

Here is a diagram of the part I am trying to remove.

image001.jpg

Now that I have two of these guns the second one uses ejector frame and spring from the SBE II and this one is a older SBE I so it uses the original style ejector frame, case and spring.

Thanks in advance, any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated...

Are the barrels different on the two guns? I just shot an SBE yesterday that I bought used (not sure of the year), and it also had the ejector plate missing completely...wasn't cycling rounds so this became pretty obvious. How can I tell if I need the new-style or old-style ejector plate assembly?

Thanks for any help...