Anoyher M4 novice question

Teufel-hunden

What are your thoughts on ghost ring vs. tritium ghost ring vs. electronic aimpoint type sights? Are the electronic sights durable enough for hard field use? Battery life? Do you have to turn them on with a unit mounted switch? Not the most desirable feature in a sudden "react or die" situation in my opinion if so.

Semper Fi

Hey Devil, I have used tritiums on most of my weapons that have irons on them. Work great in the day and work in low/No light situations. I am ordering a set for my M4 next week from Brownells.

The tritiums can take some abuse. I am not saying they are Marine proof, but realistically what is. If a Marine can find a way to break it, he will. LOL

Batteries will go dead at inopportune times. Tritium lasts for many years. Simple, effective, efficient.

To my way of thinking, it's a for short range, close quarters work and it's scattergun anyhow so you don't need pinpoint accuracy. A few rounds of O buck discharged in the general direction of your target at ranges out to 25 yards will be quite effective.