Supersport/Montefeltro Barrels - Are they interchangeable?

GreenBayShooter2

Are the two barrels interchangeable?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are the two barrels interchangeable?

• Yes
    • NO - Not safe!

I just recently bought a Supersport 12ga. I already had a Montefeltro 12ga I bought back in 2000.

Out of curiousity, I took the barrel out of my Supersport and slid it into my Montefeltro. Now both guns being Benelli's, I had a hunch this would work... I put the forestock on it and tightened it up and the SuperSport barrel fit PERFECTLY on the Montefeltro receiver. I now had a "Superfeltro"?

In any case, I would think that Benelli would make these two barrels distinctly different in that they wouldn't fit at all in the wrong receiver assembly if they WEREN'T compatible (strategic placement of a tab or recess, etc.).

My question is: Is this really a safe combination? It seemed to fit perfectly.

But I know that in the gun world "seeming" perfect and "being" perfect can mean the difference between being safe and losing your eyesight (or a finger or worse). :eek: