New enhancements

Teufel-hunden

Brugger & Thomet Benelli M4 Super 90 and Remington 870 Rail Mount:

BT21454-2.gif?t=1200770359

This is least obtrusive rail mount I could find. It has two picatinny mounts located opposite one another. Let's see..... light, laser- what else are you going to hang off the front of a shotgun? For the life of me I can not figure out why you would want a monstrosity like the Surefire M80. What are trying to hang on your gun? A fold out picnic table?! And that piece and others would kill the sweet lines and handling of the M4.

Surefire M600a LED 100 lumen scout light:

m600a-diagram_large.jpg?t=1200770441

I debated on this one for a bit- some reviewers said they did not think the range is adequate. I have not mounted the light yet but walking around the house playing with it I think it will do just fine. What sold me was the LED bulb, with it's built in durability and longer run time on a set of batteries, and of course the surefire quality.

Surefire SR plug-in dual switch with rail:

opticsplanet_1986_114195321.gif?t=1200770532

This item has a momentary on strip AND a constant on/off button. My thinking is there might be a situation where having the light stay on would be a handy feature to have, such as clearing a weak side corner or using my weak hand to move a limb out of the way while conducting ops in the brush.

GG&G oversize bolt release pad:

th_BoltReleasePad.jpg

I read a couple of posts from operators that had trouble finding the somewhat small factory release button during the fog of war. This little jewel should alleviate that issue but it will be the trickiest part to install- unless the oversize safety release button is harder than I am estimating.

I like my Surefire M80 handguard. With the rubber grip inserts they give you that nest within the rails, it's very comfortable and looks great. It's also one piece instead of 2. Besides, it looks very tactical and weapon like. All the better to give Sarah Brady and Monica Lewinsky's ex boyfriend's wife a bad case of the wet dog shivers.

I like my Surefire M80 handguard. With the rubber grip inserts they give you that nest within the rails, it's very comfortable and looks great. It's also one piece instead of 2. Besides, it looks very tactical and weapon like. All the better to give Sarah Brady and Monica Lewinsky's ex boyfriend's wife a bad case of the wet dog shivers.

Good enough- if it works for you, that's all that matters.

My point is how much stuff do you need to hang on a home defense gun? Or a full-on tactical model for that matter? I think the M80 is overkill (and others) as far as capacity. I am talking from first hand, real world experience. (Maybe my first mistake) I know all too well how evil is the path of add a bit here, add a bit there. It adds up pretty dang quick when you have to carry a "tricked out" weapon 20 miles using nothing but leather cadilacs. My worst experience was carrying a MK19 (20mm grenade machine gun) receiver/barrel group for about 4 miles on a hump. (80 lbs of pure awkward weight)

I could be wrong though....... :)

As far as Billary and the Brady bunch...... they are mentally ill and should be pitied and placed in an institution for the proper treatment.

Teufel,

Where/how do you plan on mounting the surefire rail switch?

I figured someone would get around to asking that question.....

I will have to wait until I actually get the switch and look at it up close, but I am planning on cutting off the lower picatinny rail grabbing ledges on the bottom. I am hoping this will give me a some what flat surface on the back of the switch to use hook and loop (velcro) tape to mount it on the forward part of the hand grip. Using velcro I will be able to remove it for disasembly/ cleaning, etc. This will probably be on the right side of the gun as seen from the butt.

What makes owning AR-15s, shotguns like the Benelli M4, and other military style firearms more fun is that you can customize them and personalize them with whatever aftermarket add ons suit your fancy. I collect guns and have a bunch of them in different states of customization.

Pimp my rifles, pimp my shotguns, pimp my pistols, pimp my ride. I pimp stuff! :D

OtterBox 1000:

otterbox_1000_big.jpg?t=1200858244

This will be nestled inside of the Pelican 1700 and will be used to store the choke tube set.

OtterBox 3500:

otterbox_3500_black_black_big.jpg?t=1200858382

Again this will be inside the main case and will be used for cleaning gear.

Semper Fi

"As far as Billary and the Brady bunch...... they are mentally ill and should be pitied and placed in an institution for the proper treatment."