M4 vs, M1014

Teufel-hunden

M1014 wrote in referrence to, well....... the M1014 (gets confusing doesn't it?)

"greetings,,buy it,,,it will come with the the skeletized stock,,non colaspsible tube,,serial #s on the ejection port side with the engraVed American flag,,crimped mag extension,,etc,,now for the better part,,these M1014s are by far the stongest of them all,,those M4s are after thoughts,,with way less quality control,,my M1014 is super awesome with some great mods on it,,search this forum and you''ll see."

Can anyone explain why the M1014 is better/stronger/ has better quality control etc. over the M4? I am thinking the non CS tube and non-interchangeble choke tube are serious knocks against the M1014.

"One good reason the M1014 is better than the M4 is that if you have the M1014 you get bigger deer!!! :D"

I guess that means I am totally screwed- I only hunt big game with a bow!

ANYBODY can shoot deer with a gun!

Blah!!! dont be such a newb! :D I've taken lots of big game with a bow in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tenn. but this is with not only my favorite shotty but the best ever made!!

Blah!!! dont be such a newb! :D I've taken lots of big game with a bow in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tenn. but this is with not only my favorite shotty but the best ever made!!

Not sure where the reference to me being a newb comes from since nobody but me on this forum knows my background, I will fill you guys in- (at the risk of seeming defensive! ........Guess you did not notice the smilie with my post :-)) Don't be such an old fart!!! :-)

Years dear hunting: 31

# of deer taken-

Firearm: 46

Archery: 39

# of years archery hunting exclusively: 22

And it is a flat out fact killing a deer with bow is many times harder than with a gun- period. Don't get me wrong, use whatever legal means you want, we need all the hunters we can get. I just choose to add the extra challenge of a bow. If I see a deer with a gun in my hands, it is dead, end of story. Where is the excitement in that?

In reply to M1014-

"hey wingbone where ya been in a henhouse getting laid????????//hope all is well with ya,,you know these newbs,,defensive ,,protective and alot of fun,,,,peace to ya my Benelli brother,,gotta get back to the game,,"

Defensive 1014? Didn't you write the following?

"don't get knocked up over what versus what,,enjoy what you just got,,I've been around alittle longer than you so just trust me for once,,okay??????????"

Sounds kind defensive to me. :-D

Trust you? Not until you have been to the mountain and seen the elephant. .......You've been around a little longer? Been around where? Hmmmm...... guess I need to fill you in on my professional background-

Marine Corps: 10 years

MOS: 2336 (no- not gonna tell what that is, could be a cook, then again could be something else.) Let's just say when the shitte hit the fan and NOBODY else could solve the problem, they called us in. Just think "weapons" expert.

Special training/experience:

Explosive breacher

Jump qualified- HALO/HAHO

DAPP platoon

Fast roping/rappelling/SPY rigging from various structures/aircraft

Others

Weapons experience:

Highest score shot on 500 yd KD course: 248

Highest number of training rounds shot in one day: 800+ (talking about bleeding/sore thumbs!)

Participated in the eval of the M4 platform before adoption.

others

Weapons fired while in the Corps:

M16

M4 (5.56)

M203

M2

MK19

GAL 2B

GAL 17

M249 SAW

M60

M240G

M224/252

M40

AT4

BGM 71

M47

MEU(SOC) .45

M9

MP5

M82

M14

AK47

I am sure I forgotten something, not to mention all the grenades, landmines, etc.

And last but not least....... the M870 and Mossy 500/590!

Countries deployed to: 28

Climates trained in: Sub-tropical to 200 miles above the artic circle.

Civilian career since getting out of the olive drab circus: UXO mitigation

Soooooooo, have you still been around longer than me? };-)

Semper Fi

"As far as Billary and the Brady bunch...... they are mentally ill and should be pitied and placed in an institution for the proper treatment."

hey wingbone where ya been in a henhouse getting laid????????//hope all is well with ya,,you know these newbs,,defensive ,,protective and alot of fun,,,,peace to ya my Benelli brother,,gotta get back to the game,,

Hey old man!!! hows things been eh? I've recently change shifts, it has taken some adjusting for me. anyhow I have not seen any new mods you have added to your shotty or any new additions. Anyways I'll be around so holler at me :)

Wing

That's not a regular deer that Wingbone got. It's one of those giant radiation spawned, blood thirsty, brain eating mutant zombie deer, found only west of the Mississippi. That's why you need the the M1014

Hey Sgt. Cathy!!! you are right as rain, you never know when you could be overran by hords of brain eating Zombies........always prepared :D

Not sure where the reference to me being a newb comes from since nobody but me on this forum knows my background, I will fill you guys in- (at the risk of seeming defensive! ........Guess you did not notice the smilie with my post :-)) Don't be such an old fart!!! :-)

Years dear hunting: 31

# of deer taken-

Firearm: 46

Archery: 39

# of years archery hunting exclusively: 22

And it is a flat out fact killing a deer with bow is many times harder than with a gun- period. Don't get me wrong, use whatever legal means you want, we need all the hunters we can get. I just choose to add the extra challenge of a bow. If I see a deer with a gun in my hands, it is dead, end of story. Where is the excitement in that?

In reply to M1014-

"hey wingbone where ya been in a henhouse getting laid????????//hope all is well with ya,,you know these newbs,,defensive ,,protective and alot of fun,,,,peace to ya my Benelli brother,,gotta get back to the game,,"

Defensive 1014? Didn't you write the following?

"don't get knocked up over what versus what,,enjoy what you just got,,I've been around alittle longer than you so just trust me for once,,okay??????????"

Sounds kind defensive to me. :-D

Trust you? Not until you have been to the mountain and seen the elephant. .......You've been around a little longer? Been around where? Hmmmm...... guess I need to fill you in on my professional background-

Marine Corps: 10 years

MOS: 2336 (no- not gonna tell what that is, could be a cook, then again could be something else.) Let's just say when the shitte hit the fan and NOBODY else could solve the problem, they called us in. Just think "weapons" expert.

Special training/experience:

Explosive breacher

Jump qualified- HALO/HAHO

DAPP platoon

Fast roping/rappelling/SPY rigging from various structures/aircraft

Others

Weapons experience:

Highest score shot on 500 yd KD course: 248

Highest number of training rounds shot in one day: 800+ (talking about bleeding/sore thumbs!)

Participated in the eval of the M4 platform before adoption.

others

Weapons fired while in the Corps:

M16

M4 (5.56)

M203

M2

MK19

GAL 2B

GAL 17

M249 SAW

M60

M240G

M224/252

M40

AT4

BGM 71

M47

MEU(SOC) .45

M9

MP5

M82

M14

AK47

I am sure I forgotten something, not to mention all the grenades, landmines, etc.

And last but not least....... the M870 and Mossy 500/590!

Countries deployed to: 28

Climates trained in: Sub-tropical to 200 miles above the artic circle.

Civilian career since getting out of the olive drab circus: UXO mitigation

Soooooooo, have you still been around longer than me? };-)

Semper Fi

"As far as Billary and the Brady bunch...... they are mentally ill and should be pitied and placed in an institution for the proper treatment."

~chuckles~ I got a gold star in kindergarden when I learned how to tie my shoes :D

anyhow it sounds like I'll need a winch to pry yer panties from the bunch thats getting you all worked up!!!......calm down man, I like you......I'll just have a problem with that long name. I'll work on a shorter, easier to remember name for you tonight, how about "Rambo".....or "Stormshadow" (my favorite G.I. Joe) hmmmmm I'll think on it.

Nuttin but love to ya,

Wing

P.S. I have a picture of John Wayne on the wall just above the stool in my bathroom....top that~LOL~

"~chuckles~ I got a gold star in kindergarden when I learned how to tie my shoes

anyhow it sounds like I'll need a winch to pry yer panties from the bunch thats getting you all worked up!!!......calm down man, I like you......I'll just have a problem with that long name. I'll work on a shorter, easier to remember name for you tonight, how about "Rambo".....or "Stormshadow" (my favorite G.I. Joe) hmmmmm I'll think on it.

Nuttin but love to ya,

Wing"

"P.S. I have a picture of John Wayne on the wall just above the stool in my bathroom....top that~LOL~"

:) trust my panties ain't bunched up, the rant was for 1014- his "defensive" comments gave this "newb" an opening to get him spun up- sooooo I took it. BAD ME, BAD ME- tehe, I just could not resist.

ESPECIALLY when someone is trying to pass on advice when it is obvious they don't have a whole lot of experince with weapons. For example there was a post where someone was complaining about the heavy trigger pull of their gun- it was 7 pounds. No huge deal on a shotgun but SOMEONE ELSE told them they would be instantly struck by lightning and would be damned for all eternity if they even thought about decreasing the pull weight. This is just wrong- the minimum legal here in AL is 2.5 or 3 lbs- I forget which. I would not go that low anyway but dropping it 1-2 lbs is not a problem. Granted if the gun owner has no clue what he doing he should take it to a competent gunsmith.

My trigger on my new M4 is also to heavy or maybe more importantly it has to much creep or is to "rough". Since I have done it before I am going to hone (think polish) the trigger group parts- if this does not get me to where I want, then I will take it to a smith and let them lower it a couple of pounds- there is no reason why a 4.5/5 lbs pull would be unsafe.

With all that said don't fret about me Wing- I have rhino thick skin- I take nothing personally and if I give you the business it's because I like you, and I expect to get the business in return.

I probably shouldn't tell ya this but my nickname in the corps was "spooky".

No I am not tellin ya why.

And last but not least.... yes, I can top the Duke in the outhouse-

I have a life sized tattoo of Ronald Reagan's bust on my back-----------:D

Semper Fi

well,gi jane/ t-f has spoken,,,shows the whole forum his mighty ego on all topics and even has a little following,,how cute,,you've got some mini me's running around,,scary thought since your so smart on everything but Benellis and thats really why we're here,to help newbs like you,,,lead the newb to Benellis and see what happens,,,keep up the long winded posts,,there entertaining,,but not very helpful,,imagine you trying to build a stock for the M4,,what a joke,,they make 3 of them already ,, you silly newbie.--------------------oh so many many posts in such little time,,,,hhmmmmmmmm,,,they really should take the keyboard away from you so you can learn something.

Teufel-hunden, I'm with you!!!! Keep up the great posts!!!

Uh-oh! Did you hear that zodiac (or should I call you "mini z")? you have been banished to my little following! The horror! :) I promise I won't try to make you drink any kool-aid though.

Are we going to have a secret handshake? A clubhouse? How about a flag? I always wanted my own flag- (it's the ego thing ya see)

........(trumpets sound) I PRONOUNCE MYSELF "SUPREME-EVERLASTING-MAJESTIC-MOST EXHALTED-KING'S EMPEROR!

What do you guys think? Probably a bit much. OK, you can call me big-boss bubba, or just bubba when my mom's not around.

Come on 1014 , your makin this way to easy! Get witty! Get Funny! Show us your moves boy! Stop it already with the high school stuff, bump it up a level. TEE! HEE! (If I am really gettin to ya I will be stop and be nice I promise)

"Smart on everything"? Close- my sister calls me a jackarse of all trades. As far as general smarts I am supposed to have an IQ of 147, who knows? Who cares? My girlfriend, who is "spooky brilliant" herself (and a chemical enigineer), says I am one of the smartest people she knows. (maybe her circle of friends aint to bright?!)

And I made through the hardest school in the military without a hitch, so I guess that does make me smarter than the average bear (or dog, in this case).

With that said, I am one of the most laid back, UN-egotistical fellows you would ever meet. I can promise you that no one on this board would regret sitting down with me and having a beer (unless they were a completely narrow minded arse, I have my limits after all)

Actually the old saying "the more you learn, the less you know" is becoming my mantra- there is a mountain of stuff out there that I don't know about- but I keep an open mind and learn everything I can.

Now for the serious subject at hand- if you DO NOT know what you are talking about- and I mean solid experince on the subject in question, be it guns/tactics whatever- you should refrain from comment, period. We are discussing things here that could mean the end of someones life, lets just make sure, if it comes down to THE moment, that it is the sinner and not the Benelli packing-home defending-saint .....fair enough?

I am not going to dignify the rest of the comments with a reply, except for one .....

yes, I have been called cute! :p

Thank you, good night and please tip your waitresses.

Huckleberry Hellish Hound

I usually prefer to use my own qoutes/sayings but tonight I will make an exception-

"Harsh language is the limited mind's way of expressing it's self" .... very true- wish I had thought of that first-

Oh Ya...OH YA !!... Beat this.... I hold the all time record for an Army MP for firing consecutive single shots from a belt fed M60 machine gun. 8 shots !! Of course I'm not exactly sure why anybody would want to fire single rounds from a machine gun. What was the topic gain??

SgtCathy

Cape Cod

Owns:

Single shot bolt action .22

No tattoos

one round of .38 +P pure silver bullet (in case of Werewolfs)

Zombie medical research tool (Defense M1 S90)

Large pickle barrel selection devise (M1917 bayonet)

# of Quail taken: hundreds !!

US Marines teased: 37

Oh Ya...OH YA !!... Beat this.... I hold the all time record for an Army MP for firing consecutive single shots from a belt fed M60 machine gun. 8 shots !! Of course I'm not exactly sure why anybody would want to fire single rounds from a machine gun. What was the topic gain??

SgtCathy

Cape Cod

Owns:

No tattoos

:( ...... my dad can still beat up you're dad so there! (:))

SgtCathy

Cape Cod

Owns:

No tattoos

Errr..... Cathy, while I am big fan of lycanthrope mitigation devices, watcha gonna do with the .38 bullet? I know it won't fit the .22 and unless there is a 12 gauge to .38 adapter you are not listing anything that will run with that fuel. I guess you could always bake a cake with it in it and trick them into eating it! :p