M4 +2 Tube Extension / Help

Caligvla

I am considering getting a +2 tube extension for my M4. Does any one have a photo of their M4 with the extension on? I have a desert camo M4 and I am concerned how it will look with the extension.

Also will using an after market or even Benelli made extension compromise the gun in anyway? Durability, reliability, performance etc?

What are the pros and cons of doing a full tube replacement vs. the +2 extension.

Also any suggestions who makes the best quality extension or tube replacement and where to find?

Thanks for your help

My understanding is that the full length tube is more involved in instilation, but is easier to field strip.

Also, I think some MFGs design may allow you to field strip with the extension, but im not sure.

As for how it would look. It cant look any worse than the Black grip that Benelli sent them out with.

As for reliability. As long as you go with a Benelli, Daves Metal Works, or a SoComguys, you should have no issues whatsoever.

The OEM Benelli extensions have a side effect of making your wallet a lot lighter.

My M4 came with the +2 extension and I had to remove that every time I disassembled it for cleaning. I decided to get the full length and it is now much easier. i also think it makes it look better as it now looks like it is supposed to be there vs. something screwed on later.

Well I did my homework today...

I called my local ATF office in Glendale, CA.

I spoke to a field rep. and they said the restrictions are on the importer. So having a Benelli M4 with a pistol grip and a tube that hold under 10 rounds is fine.

I told her that I read on line that people have submitted form 1, she said the ATF will gladly take your $200.00 but it was unnecessary for the configuration I described above.

She said I needed to also check with the California DOJ.

I called them, as far as shotguns go, Californians cannot have a telescoping stock and pistol grip together, one or the other is fine.

Detachable magazine is not allowed nor is a revolving cylinder. The tube must have a capacity under 10 rounds.

So it sounds like I am good to go. I think I have done my due diligence, and look forward to enjoying my tube from SOCOMguy when it arrives.

The agent on the phone said no more than 10 rounds

and directed me to page 72 of the Assault Weapons Identification Guide.

(http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf)

Here is what is says in the C-DOJ guide

Shotguns

(6) A Semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

one of the good things about living in the PRK is that they have a enough real bad guys to keep them busy instead of bothering with good people like us.

My M4 came with the +2 extension and I had to remove that every time I disassembled it for cleaning. I decided to get the full length and it is now much easier. i also think it makes it look better as it now looks like it is supposed to be there vs. something screwed on later.

You didn't have a Factory 2 shot ext. then because the barrel slides right off just like the full length tube. I've never taken off my ext. to clean my shotguns. Some of the after market ext. have this problem where the barrel won't come off without taking off the ext. first.