And so it begins......

Teufel-hunden

Fatty button and handle I installed today-

Hey M1014, have ya ever installed a button on one of these? :)

Both are solid, real world, tactical upgrades.

Fattyhandleandbutton.jpg?t=1201061519

I always fuzz out my serial number if I show pictures of my firearms... you never know how it can come back to bite ya...

Fatty button and handle I installed today-

Hey M1014, have ya ever installed a button on one of these? :)

Both are solid, real world, tactical upgrades.

Fattyhandleandbutton.jpg?t=1201061519

yeah I did,couple of years ago,I'll post some pics of it this afternoon,,,,gota go for now ,,

"I always fuzz out my serial number if I show pictures of my firearms... you never know how it can come back to bite ya..."

I thought about that- but for the life of me I could not think of a valid reason to do it- unless they totally outlaw guns and they send the goon squad around to collect my M4.

.......That's not a reason either- they have my serial #s from the background check, .......depressing, just depressing. :(

No they shouldn't have your S#'s.

Every backround check I have ever called in does not require S#'s or make and model. Handgun or long gun is the only question asked about the firearm you are buying. The dealer records the firearm make, model and S# on the 4473 form and in his bound book and then has to keep that form for 25yrs or until he is out of business. Thats how its done in Ohio anyway. The gov't is not allowed to keep those records on file unless it is a class 3 weapon. Regardless that info is not disclosed in a backround check.

If the weapon is stolen and recovered or used in a crime it can then be traced starting with the manufacturer/importer then the dealer to the original buyer.

Only you and your dealer should have that record.

No they shouldn't have your S#'s.

Every backround check I have ever called in does not require S#'s or make and model. Handgun or long gun is the only question asked about the firearm you are buying. The dealer records the firearm make, model and S# on the 4473 form and in his bound book and then has to keep that form for 25yrs or until he is out of business. Thats how its done in Ohio anyway. The gov't is not allowed to keep those records on file unless it is a class 3 weapon. Regardless that info is not disclosed in a backround check.

If the weapon is stolen and recovered or used in a crime it can then be traced starting with the manufacturer/importer then the dealer to the original buyer.

Only you and your dealer should have that record.

Hmmm, interesting. I knew the dealer was writting the #s down- thought it was going in with the Fed approval forms.

Can you think of a good reason why my #s should be secret?

My insurance company has them, so in the unlikely event of theft, I will report the gun(s) stolen and I would be covered if that weapon was later used in a crime.

And maybe more importantly if my M4 was lifted I would want EVERYONE to have my #s and be on the lookout for the M4napper!

"Can you think of a good reason why my #s should be secret?"

In my opinion No.

It really is just a number used for manufacturing and traceability identification purposes. Its not like anyone could use them for anything. That # only identifies that particular weapon.

Most everything of value or usefulness has a serial #.

Cars,Computers, Printers, Refridgerators, Washer and Dryers etc, etc all have S#'s.

We don't worry about hiding them.

It seems many people feel safer covering them in pictures and thats OK. Its personal preference.

I have the police report already filled out including the serial number for MY STOLEN M4. Just waiting for you to finish tricking it out for me. (Hey, did I just say that out loud!?)

Here in good old Mass, the dealer fills out a Mass form F.A.-10 on each firearm purchase, just in case you forget the serial number, make, model, length ect...

It's done on a computer so they'll have all the information before you even walk out of the store.

What bothers me the most is the post card I get about a week after shooting at the range, from the state criminal history board, reminding me to clean my weapons! I really need to relocate.....

Where can I get a new roll of masking tape? My bayonet fell off the end of my Defense M1 S90 the other day while I was shooting?

SgtCathy

Cape Cod

Do you really think filling out a ficticious stolen property report would fly?

That could easily be disproved landing the person filing the report in some deep doodoo.

Sorry to hear you get postcards from your state criminal history board. That just doesn't happen in Ohio. Come to the Buckeye State.

I have the police report already filled out including the serial number for MY STOLEN M4. Just waiting for you to finish tricking it out for me. (Hey, did I just say that out loud!?)

Here in good old Mass, the dealer fills out a Mass form F.A.-10 on each firearm purchase, just in case you forget the serial number, make, model, length ect...

It's done on a computer so they'll have all the information before you even walk out of the store.

What bothers me the most is the post card I get about a week after shooting at the range, from the state criminal history board, reminding me to clean my weapons! I really need to relocate.....

Where can I get a new roll of masking tape? My bayonet fell off the end of my Defense M1 S90 the other day while I was shooting?

SgtCathy

Cape Cod

OK, that is one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time-

This must be stopped, I am serious, tape faliure at a critical time is not a laughing matter and is the number one cause of "bayonet foot", a malady that costs the US tax payers tens of dollars every year.

Have you tried NOT putting the tape over the end of the muzzle that is directly in the shot path? What about scotch magic tape- it is invisible and would add "stealthiness" to your set up?

How about bread ties? That is what I use- :)

-Hunden

"Retreat?! HeII we just got here!"