R1 Barrel availability

mainer's 300

There are a very few around from what I hear.

Try Mann & Sons, 618-357-2911.

Reeds in Minnesota, Impact Guns, Cabelas, Gander Mountain may also be worth checking.

You could also check with dealers in your area, but I wouldn't put a deposit or prepay on one without a firm delivery date.

Sadly, that's not the way they seem to operate.

From what I've seen, the marketing strategy is to create a demand by advertising the product.

If enough demand repsonds, they'll actually start producing them.

If not, they're nowhere to be found.

Benelli touted the extra barrel flexibility of the R1 from day one, but the reality has been that there is very little demand for them.

If it's like many of their other extra barrels, then I suspect that you could spend just a few dollars more and get another complete rifle.

I have seen one or two on gunbroker and other gun-friendly auction sites, so you may want to make a periodic check there.

What cailber are you thinking about, .270, .308?

Actually, exactly, 270, .308 would be perfect. I have always thought the 308 was a perfect deer rifle, I occasionally hunt bigger game such as moose (hence the 300wm) and I like the flexibility of using the 300....but thought if I could get two barrels I could have the best of all/both worlds.

• 2 weeks later...

Bain & Davis Gun Shop

307 E Valley Blvd

San Gabriel, CA 91776

(626) 573-4241

They got me one in 300 Win Mag at 24" in about 10 days. You will also need the proper mag for the new cartridge. Just make sure you tell them what rifle it goes on the confortech or the non comfortech, the barrel finish is different. The price was also a good surprise. Just remember that you will use a new barrel on a used gun, proper fit and operation might take a few rounds ( gas block), it will work out.

Other choice is Numrich.

Have fun.

Bain & Davis Gun Shop

307 E Valley Blvd

San Gabriel, CA 91776

(626) 573-4241

They got me one in 300 Win Mag at 24" in about 10 days. You will also need the proper mag for the new cartridge. Just make sure you tell them what rifle it goes on the confortech or the non comfortech, the barrel finish is different. The price was also a good surprise. Just remember that you will use a new barrel on a used gun, proper fit and operation might take a few rounds ( gas block), it will work out.

Other choice is Numrich.

Have fun.

What's the price, please?