Anybody turkey hunting East Texas?

10Gauge

I'm going too!

You get out front and I'll get behind you and do the calling :cool:

that scares me more than just a little......

seriously, I hunted around the Sam Rayburn area a couple of years ago and it was a bad week weather wise. Didn't see a lot of bird sign but talked to several locals who got me on a nice property. This year I've got access to a huge farm near Gilmer, TX.......about 40 miles west of Shreavport, LA so I'm told??? Anyway, the landowner tells me there are loads of turkeys and hogs but he doesn't know a rio from an eastern....anybody familar with that area???

• 1 month later...

I'm in Tyler just south of Gilmer. The turkeys in that area should be easterns if there are any in that area. rios follow a line pretty much west of I-45. Our eatern population is still not real great in east texas but it getting better. your best bet would be sam Rayburn or the National forrest areas in angelina and davy crockett all public land some type 2.