New Benelli Again

TookyriverCalls

Montefeltro 20GA

I’m new to these Benelli guns. I bought my first Benelli last June (SBE II) and then just today, I went and bought a Montefeltro 20ga with a 24" barrel for wabbit hunting in PA/WV next weekend :D I plan on using this gun mostly for wabbit and grouse hunting but would like to set it up for turkey hunting as well for either as a back up or if I take a kid hunting. I’ve got a few questions on it and hope someone can set me straight on it. First question, is the Montefeltro also referred as the Super 90 or that a different model? And does anyone know if Rhino makes a tube that will fit this gun?

I’ve got a big box of 25 shells coming next week from Nitro. I owe it to “Big Ben” (my gun) to start my patterning off right by putting the Rhino tube in.

Welcome to the Benelli family.

There is a seperate gun known as the M1 Super 90 ,which is what I shoot,and it is completely different than the Monte.The only thing they really have in common is the bolt.

As for the choke check out the Rhino website,for it has everything listed.There is a phone number there so you can contact them direct.Joe Morales is the owner and one heck of a nice guy.These guys are the masters of making shotguns killing machines.I hope I was able to help.

Thanks QBP, they haven't really caught on too much in other states but around here, everyone's buying them up.

I just got the chance this morning to get out and put a few through my new toy. OH boy am I going to love this gun ;) Absolutely sweet! It cycled great, very fast and the point of impact was right on the money! Wabbits around the Mason Dixon Line, watch out cause here I come to put the hurt'in on ya... LOL

took,

The factory Beretta/Benelli "MC" (Mobil Chokes) will be a lower cost alternative if your looking for an upland game tube.....to add to "quake's" comment, I use a Rhino pipe in my M1 Super 90 that is .575" and it patterns extremely well, your monty will accept the same tube if it came from the factory with choke tubes!

took,

The factory Beretta/Benelli "MC" (Mobil Chokes) will be a lower cost alternative if your looking for an upland game tube.....to add to "quake's" comment, I use a Rhino pipe in my M1 Super 90 that is .575" and it patterns extremely well, your monty will accept the same tube if it came from the factory with choke tubes!

Yes it did. I guess I'll be making a phone call here soon to Rhino to order up the turkey tube for her. Thanks for the tip on the Mobil Chokes ; )

TRC,do you have any experience with goose wingbone strikers? I want one to make kee-kee runs in the friction division.They are few and far between,but that on aluminum is what won the Southern Open this year.My carbon on glass is close,but not enough. Thanks

Nope, I never tried it or know anyone else that has. But now that you've mentioned it, I'll have to try it out next time I get a goose. I wonder if you could use a turkey wing bone? I'm not sure who it was but I did hear of a guy that was using turkey wing bones as striker tips.

I have a couple of turkey wing bone calls but they are not used as striker's......they sound very good but are tough to master!

Since a goose or turkey wing bone is hollow one would think they might make for very good striker prospects.....just wonder if they would require some type of synthetic or natural tip?!?!

Recently I picked up a Knight & Hale "Yella Hammer" that has a different "tip" material than the striker and it sound pretty sweet, even with my lousy calling technique!

May grandfather, father, and uncle used to exclusively use homemade yelpers from turkey wing bones.

Not sure where the o-ring goes though :o

wingbones-3-rt-diagonal-med-blue-bkgrd.jpg

In their day, it was very rare to see a deer, so turkeys were THE big game species.

My dad didn't see a deer until he was sixteen.

Now, I can't hardly go a day without seeing at least one, and they're in town.

those are just like the ones I use......they are easy to yelp on but for the life of me I can't kee-kee one of those buggers?!?! an old-timer tried to show me how but I never mastered the kee-kee call.

isn't that an "o-ring" on that center wingbone call??? no maybe it's a fishing rod eye.....heck you could fish with that one and call turkeys!!! where can I get one???

Is that o-ring detachable? I've seen o-rings used on them to put at the mouth end near the tip so you could position your lips consistantly in the same place so there are no surprises when you go to yelp.They are also used sometimes to change the harmonics of the call by sliding it up and down the shaft.This one is very interesting indeed.If a deer was seen anywhere near Wildwood,our ER would be full of heart attack victoms:D