What is Cost of Comfortech Recoil Pad?

SBE2

I just ordered an SBE II Comfortech right hand recoil pad in 14" LOP from Numrich and the price was $87.70 plus shipping of about $7. I then found out that they in turn order it from Benelli and of course it's on backorder status. As I plan on purchasing an M2 20 gauge with Comfortech stock (available this summer) this will be great because i will be able to use the same medium thickness recoil pad on either gun. Anyway that you look at it, almost $95 for a recoil pad is excessive. I wish they had a trade in plan for recoil pads when the gun is new.

SPORTING CLAYS... I have a M1 super 90 with a 26 inch barrel and was thinking about porting, recoil reducer, and new front sights; has anyone ever tricked out this model of benelli and if so what would you suggest or who would you suggest doing the work.

Many Thanks

When I got my SBE II a couple of years ago (won it at a CWA dinner!), the pad fell off on the first hunt and I lost it in deep water.

I contacted Benelli and I guess that happened to others so they had no problem sending me a new pad. Benelii customer service told me to use some rubbing alcohol on it before I inserted it into the stock.

I did that last year and it has been fine since. I mention this because if you get a new pad, you may want to do that also.

Have enjoyed my SBE II a lot! I do get nervous about the pad falling off though ever since that first hunt.

Has anyone had an issue with taking it off and on to clean the gun or any handling tips on anything I should do besides use rubbing alcohol on the pad before putting into the stock? Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cost of Benelli's ComforTech pads is obscene. I just ordered a Sims Vibration Laboratories LimbSaver pad from MidwayUSA for $31 plus shipping, I'm hoping it will work out okay. It's supposedly a pop-in replacement for the stock pads for Novas and SBE's. I love the CT pad on my SBEII, but the hockey puck that came with my Nova has to be replaced and I don't want to spend $90 with tax, shipping, etc. to get another one!

I'll post the results once I've gotten the pad and shot a few rounds with it.

Specialized

Originally posted by Specialized:

The cost of Benelli's ComforTech pads is obscene. I just ordered a Sims Vibration Laboratories LimbSaver pad from MidwayUSA for $31 plus shipping, I'm hoping it will work out okay. It's supposedly a pop-in replacement for the stock pads for Novas and SBE's. I love the CT pad on my SBEII, but the hockey puck that came with my Nova has to be replaced and I don't want to spend $90 with tax, shipping, etc. to get another one!

I'll post the results once I've gotten the pad and shot a few rounds with it.

Specialized

Well, I hate to tell you, but the Sims pad is not a slip in. Not even close :(

It comes with a cheap $.05 adaptor that lasts about 3 x being removed for access to the stock nut.

The pad works just fine, nice actually, but I hate the fact that it cannot be easily removed :mad:

I'll keep mine for turkey season and use the factory Gel pads for duck season when I'm taking the gun apart more to remove water and clean.

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by duckfan:

When I got my SBE II a couple of years ago (won it at a CWA dinner!), the pad fell off on the first hunt and I lost it in deep water.

I contacted Benelli and I guess that happened to others so they had no problem sending me a new pad. Benelii customer service told me to use some rubbing alcohol on it before I inserted it into the stock.

I did that last year and it has been fine since. I mention this because if you get a new pad, you may want to do that also.

Have enjoyed my SBE II a lot! I do get nervous about the pad falling off though ever since that first hunt.

Has anyone had an issue with taking it off and on to clean the gun or any handling tips on anything I should do besides use rubbing alcohol on the pad before putting into the stock? Thanks

Hmmm, good input. I may be hosed anyway, because what I really need is the 14" LOP pad, and the Sims will be much thicker than that. I'm not too worried about it being hard to remove, because I don't intend to remove it once I have the stock/pad dialed in the way I want it, but it's definitely not good if the pad just falls out!

Does anyone know of a supplier that has the 14" gel pads in stock? I'm finding that Benelli parts are scarcer than hen's teeth! Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Specialized

• 3 years later...

I just purchased a new SBE II, $1599, and I am shocked it does not include the additional ComforTech recoil pads for changing the LOP. I searched online and found them for $123 plus shipping. This is unacceptable Benelli!!

I have a friend who is also considering a new SBE II, but will have a chat with him prior to him purchasing one. The research tells me that this is a wonderful firearm, as I haven't even shot it yet.

Quit screwing your loyal customers Benelli.

Does anyone have any suggestions out there?

Do I just cut the stock down and bolt a limbsaver on it?

Hmmm, good input. I may be hosed anyway, because what I really need is the 14" LOP pad, and the Sims will be much thicker than that. I'm not too worried about it being hard to remove, because I don't intend to remove it once I have the stock/pad dialed in the way I want it, but it's definitely not good if the pad just falls out!

Does anyone know of a supplier that has the 14" gel pads in stock? I'm finding that Benelli parts are scarcer than hen's teeth! Any help you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Specialized

I ordered mine thru Brownells and it cost me $116 + shipping-$122...

• 5 weeks later...