M4 Camo

Hugo1669

I just got the m4 camo edition. I'm being told by dealers and 2 other shop owners that it is a "special edition" and I should just pack it away. I'm not going to do this since I bought it to shoot. Is this a limited edition or whats so special about it that I had at least 3 different people tell me this.

Thanks

I have an M4 Desert Camo, and I baby my M4 and the camo gets scratch and chipped all the time. very disappointing...

Around the pistons the camo is all scorched black

Who knows maybe it's part of the design. they put a crappy finish on the gun so it will looked battle ravaged in less than 3 months of ownership.

Have fun with the M4, its a **** of a lot of fun!

our present day benellis won't gain any significant value till time and attrition take there toll,,an example of this is the WW-2 combat shotguns,,they cost a double mint now,,back in the 50s -60s and 70s you could have give them away.so go ahead and enjoy your weapon any way you want to.

Guest Cajunkraut

+1 for time and attrition.

Based on recent history, I'd say the only way any M4 will be worth much more than face value is another AWB or import restriction. Even more so if it comes with a factory +2 extension and/or collapsible stock.

That aside, due to Benelli's price point, they're only attractive to a small portion of the buyer's market anyway. Of course, yours will be worthless to any dealer until they decide to re-sell it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have mentioned this before but after only a few months use my M4 has quite a few chips in the camo. Every time I take it out, I find a new chip or two or three in the camo. I spoke with Benelli they said that this should not happen so easily and to send the gun in and in 3 or 4 months I should have my gun back refinished.

I have a lot of chips on the receiver, a few on the barrel and magazine tube, the stock and the forend seem to be holding up the best.

Since this is my first gun with camo, just wonder what experiences you guys have with Benelli camo...

thanks,

Michael

I have a SBE2 in MAX4 camo I got this gun when the SBE2s first hit the US market have shot thousands of rounds threw it and the only place the camo has come off is around where I hold it (the grip and forearm) I never had a problem with it "chipping off" just wearing off after a lot of use.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the desert camo version at a local store. It too has several chips in the camo just from sitting in the store gun case. I don't know what Benelli was thinking when they decided on doing this model in camo, it makes it look like a toy. However,the chips got me $100.00 off the price after a little bargaining.

Since I would much rather have a solid color M4 I decided that I would be dura coating this M4 as soon as I got it . I just have to decide on color at this point.