Super Black Eagle II 3 1/2 Steel

dmbuhan

Am i the only one who feels that when your shooting 3 1/2 that the gun kicks like hell?? I shoot the 2 3/4 and the 3in but man buck shot and the 3 1/2 are rough.. My buddy got a remmington 11-87 super mag spec purpose and it take the 3 1/2 a little better, but i still love my sbe 2

The Remington weighs a pound more than the Benelli.

Weight and gas vented through the piston to cycle the action help scrub off felt recoil before it gets to your shoulder.

If you are not concerned with weight, you can add a mercury recoil reducer to the Benelli to help your tender shoulder.

It's been said on here before...

I think everybody knows the 3 1/2" kicks. Most of us don't really mind. It's worth it for the best shotgun on the planet. I only shoot 3 1/2" at turkeys. Then you only have to shoot once. I don't know how shooting 3 1/2" all day would be. It would make a man out of you, that's for sure.

I kind of like the kick. It lets me know I'm shooting a man's gun, that's in charge.

yea i dont mind no complainiong here i just wanted too see the responce from people shooting the 3.5 outa sbe2

It's been said on here before...

I think everybody knows the 3 1/2" kicks. Most of us don't really mind. It's worth it for the best shotgun on the planet. I only shoot 3 1/2" at turkeys. Then you only have to shoot once. I don't know how shooting 3 1/2" all day would be. It would make a man out of you, that's for sure.

I kind of like the kick. It lets me know I'm shooting a man's gun, that's in charge.

kicks so damn hard its funny. I catch myself laughing at myself every time i pull the trigger. But its kinda like and addiction, after the first few times you cant wait to do it again. The ported choke help a lot. Hey and mine don't have the comfort tech stock!!!! :confused:

I hear you brother...i shot Kents 3.5 BB out of my SBE2 and it kicks like a mule...,i don't feel the comftec system working on them babies,but i love them...and i'll be shooting at the snowgeese this weekend with them...i got 3 boxs to burn....psssttt...i got some 3 inch also just incase the 3.5's loosen my teeth......:DHonkers41

Yes, it does kick pretty good. My buddy and I snuck up on a huge roost. Waded through about 300 yards of stagnant canal water within 30 yards of the flock. Got ready, took out 6 more shells and laid them by the gun. Fired a total of 9 as fast as i could. My buddy got off 4 shots with 3 inchers. I had 3 1/2's. He shot 6 birds. I shot 17 snows. So yes my shoulder was raw. Especially since after i shot i noticed that during my creep through the canal i knocked off the recoil pad. Nothing but hard plastic against my shoulder. Fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I expected it to kick with the 3.5's,and it does deliver. I do quite a bit of waterfowling,and I mostly shoot 3". If I choose to get nasty or have to reach out further,I'll shoot the 3.5's,but not all that often to ruin my day in pain. If you are going to shoot the big shells one after another,it may not be all that fun. I still perfer the SBE2 for a lot of reasons. It would kick less it it weighed more,but I prefer the lighter weight,and will take the hits the 3.5's give me. Thats just the way I look at it. Don't like the heavy autos at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the SBE II because it is built to take the extra pressure of the 3 1/2 shell. That gives extra toughness to handle puny 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch shells.

I find that the 3 inch Kent 1 1/8th ounce 1560 fps and the 2 3/4 inch Kent 1 1/16th ounce 1560 fps loads to be more than enough for anything with webbed feet.

For the best compromise of a great handling gun that kills ducks well, go with the 2 3/4 inch Kent 1560s. You will be impressed favorably.

I never feel any recoil in the field, I use a SBEI. The muzzle jump may be more than the II, but i dont recall shooting AT to many geese last season, haha. The one i did get though has a 69.5" wingspan, and i hit it with a 3" 2shot, it was a loner that came in outta nowhere and i didnt even bother reaching for my call.

• 11 months later...

Why are you shooting 3 1/2 inch shells when you can get the same speed and knocked down power with a 3 inch. The only difference is a few less BBs in a shell. If you compare the two with the same speed velocity give-and-take a few feet per second. You will actually get a better pattern with the 3 inch then the 3 1/2 inch. I shoot black cloud 3 inch with pattern Master choke for black cloud at 40 yards with 3 inch shells I get a perfect 30 inch circle, if I use this same shell and shoot with the 3 1/2 at 40 yards I get a sporadic pattern. The trade-off is a few less BBs, cheaper to buy and my shoulder doesn't hurt me at the end of the day. And I have kill geese stone dead out to 59 yards and that no B. S . With 3 inch shells. Try this experiment and let me know if I am correct or not.

Good luck

Ken

i just bought a SBE II and have only taken out shootin once. and that was to break it in. i shot 2 boxes of 3.5" shells thruogh it. and yes it kicked, but **** i didnt have my duck hunting gear on. and i was shootin clays. so if you add the jackets and everything else im pretty sure the recoil will be a lot less out hunting. your bloods flowin pretty good when you have a big group of geese coming in to even notice the recoil. just pull up and shoot!:D either that or get a limbsaver

I have shot Blackclouds for 2 years, ducks over decoys I shoot 3.5" #2 with IC choke. If they are working close 3" #3 with IC choke. Geese: 3.5" BB with a Mod choke. However I got a great deal on HeviShot and used 3.5" #4 with great success.

Good shooting

Recoil? I feel more shooting 150 rounds with it at the range than 5-10 3.5" loads in the field. I actually think this comfortech stuff works, or at least more or less helps, with these heavy loads.

Anyone else shooting Federal Blackcloud in your SBE II? If so, what choke make/configuration are you using? Just curious.

i dont shoot that black cloud that often, heard it ruins barrels and chokes...:confused: