Quakerboy and TruGlo tubes

tdaniel377

QuakerBoy,have you had a chance to pattern the new TruGlo choke tube you mentioned?I looked on the TruGlo website and saw the tube you are talking about.It is called the StrutStopper Extreme and has an i.d. of .643 for the Benelli choke.!The tubes we are seeing at the WalMart and BassPro are called the GobbleStopper Extreme,and they are .665i.d. in the Benelli choke.There is/was a GobbleStopper tube,not the extreme,that had an i.d. of .649 for the Benelli.It isnt a ported tube.Is the GobbleStopper a new tube also?

The Gobblestopper has been around.On my '08 list,it is still in the lineup(upc788130508701 for the BER/BEN) The SKU is TG175. The Strut-Stopper did an awesome job in my Supernova and an acceptable job in the M1.I took it back to the shop and honed the internal groves to remove some of the roughness and make it smoother.I have been busy testing a CVA Optima Elite 12ga and haven't had a chance to set up another session with the M1/GS combo.I've almost exhausted the ammo supply in my area and must wait for the new stuff to roll in!

The Jellyhead is tough to beat.I could lie and say "Truglo all the way!" in every situation,but that's not my style.Once you get sponsored or have factory ties,some folks tend not to believe in what you say.They are cautious of Sellouts.I try to shoot people straight.What works for me might not work for all and vice versa,so first hand experience will always rule the day.I just wanted to make people aware of different options that weren't covered. If you chose the Strut-Stopper,and didn't like it,you could always sell it and get a JH,which is available almost everywhere.

Well I already have a Jellyhead,I have shot it in my SBE but not my Supernova as of yet.Does great in the SBE.I may pick up one of the Strutstoppers if I can find one,just to try it.You never know,may be the best combo in my gun.I am always trying to find a better combo.Since the Benellis already have a small bore,the tighter ID may be better,then again it may be too tight and blow the pattern apart.

The Jellyhead is tough to beat.I could lie and say "Truglo all the way!" in every situation,but that's not my style.Once you get sponsored or have factory ties,some folks tend not to believe in what you say.They are cautious of Sellouts.I try to shoot people straight.What works for me might not work for all and vice versa,so first hand experience will always rule the day.I just wanted to make people aware of different options that weren't covered. If you chose the Strut-Stopper,and didn't like it,you could always sell it and get a JH,which is available almost everywhere.

I've had little luck with any turkey choke below .660 in my SBE II. Indian Creek .650 patterened poorly as have other .650's and .655's.

You are not the first person to tell me that the SSX .643 is the best choke for my SBE II.

Why would the SSX in .643 work any better than all the .650/.655's?

Thanks!

What works good in one gun may not in another.

Indian Creek sent me a .665 and a .655 to shoot in my SBEII. I like the .655 better for several brands of #5s and #6s. My buddy shoots a .655 Kicks that he loves and it patterns so good it's the reason I sold my Browning 3 1/2 and bought the SBEII.

I'm going to buy that SSX .643 just for the turkey shoots with the #8s.

The bbl material is different and the tube threads are different. Even if the id is the "same" they are two different guns.One is Cryo-Treated,one is chrome lined.The shot cup encounters two different rides down the drag strip.

I haven't said this tube or that tube is the BEST for any gun.I always advocate trial and error.

The bbl material is different and the tube threads are different. Even if the id is the "same" they are two different guns.One is Cryo-Treated,one is chrome lined.The shot cup encounters two different rides down the drag strip.

The choke tube threads are identical. You can use some Crio Plus choke in a Mobil choke gun if the choke maker intended this use. A few tubes out there even market themselves specifically for this purpose (Wrights). A Crio Plus choke looks ugly in a Mobil gun, but it works fine if designed for that purpose.

It 99.9999999% doesn't matter. The Crio is likely a gimmick. 99.99 (maybe 100%) of the guys out there don't clean their barrels well enough to take advantage of any Crio benefit.

Don't worry about the card shooting question, I'll ask someone else who knows more about chokes :)

As anyone tried the Kicks Gobbling Thunder yet?

Best patterning Benelli I ever owned was a 2001 SBE with a .660 Kicks GT. Shot in the 220's with Win SHV #6's. Bought the SBE as a slug gun and found a spare regular barrel on the Net.

Sold the gun for some now unknown reason :(

I think the GT is a great tube for SBE's and maybe Nova.

I bought a GT .660 for my SBE II and it sucked.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I dont believe anyone told you(mudhen) what choke tube was best for your shotgun. Funny how people take a little tid bit of info, misconstrue it into any statement they believe to be true and then go off on some completely different tangent, I think is called stirring the pot.....

scott

Maybe I'm missing something here but I dont believe anyone told you(mudhen) what choke tube was best for your shotgun. Funny how people take a little tid bit of info, misconstrue it into any statement they believe to be true and then go off on some completely different tangent, I think is called stirring the pot.....

scott

Yep, you missed something.

Chad is a Tru-Glo Pro-Staffer. He has posted here from day one as a Pro-Staffer for several brands and plugs them here on this free website with little hesitation. He provides much good info though, so I say it's all good. When you are a Pro-Staffer, questions about your products come with the territory. It's your job.

He has not replied to my question about his product, so I had to go to someone else. I found the info I needed and did, in fact, order a SSX today. I hope it works as well as everyone says, but I have my doubts. We'll see what the paper says.

I just asked a question of the exact person I should have. Sorry that you don't like it :(

I think you are the pot-stirrer :D

Fullstrut,don't sweat the small stuff,I missed it too obviously.QuakerBoy did not tell Mudhen that the SSX was the best tube for his gun.I started the thread and Mudhen wasn't mentioned.If you read the above QuakerBoy states that what works for him might not work for all and vice versa.

He was just making people aware of the options and has always emphasized trial and error.

If he had told anyone that the SSX would be the best in a certain gun,I think that he would have pointed that at me since I was the one that asked the question.

Some guys need to relax :)

There is nothing to 'sweat', not 'sweat', stir, don't stir, etc.

This is a free website with only a few rules set by the owners of the website.

Anyone can chip in anytime here for any reason.

Those that don't agree can apply for a refund of the dues they paid to be here :D

This has been a fun excercise for the brain,indeed.Here is a thought.I did not reply to the question about the Strut-Stopper Xtreme,because I figured a person with so much knowledge about bbl ID's and choke compatibility would be able to figure out on his own that a tube called the Strut-Stopper,would be intended for that purpose:stopping things that "strut",like turkeys.If it were intended for "just card shooting"like Mudhen asked,it would be named the Card Stopper Xtreme,or something like that.I doubt that even talking to someone who knows more about chokes would solve your problem Mudhen,as you seem not to be able to take an answer and live with it,without the use of first hand experience.The use of the Jelly Head tube for example.I promoted the use of this tube,and still found resistance.I do thank you for your purchase!

I have learned on this interesting journey as a Pro-Staffer,that I will be held to a different standard.Having thought about this too late,I realize I should have picked a more low key user name to fly under the radar.

This thread took an interesting turn,and I only hope that tdaniel got the information that he was looking for.Sorry for the rest!

I did not reply to the question about the Strut-Stopper Xtreme,because I figured a person with so much knowledge about bbl ID's and choke compatibility would be able to figure out on his own that a tube called the Strut-Stopper,would be intended for that purpose:stopping things that "strut",like turkeys.If it were intended for "just card shooting"like Mudhen asked,it would be named the Card Stopper Xtreme,or something like that.I doubt that even talking to someone who knows more about chokes would solve your problem Mudhen,as you seem not to be able to take an answer and live with it,without the use of first hand experience.

Interesting reply.

I never claim to know everything. I gain much knowledge from others. I learn something new every day. .643 is new territory for SBE II's. I've tried so many .650/.655's, that I think questioning a Tru-Glo Pro-Staffer about one of the company's products is reasonable.

I can live with an answer if someone gives it. You did not answer my question. You only told me that you were discussing a different gun. Another said "it's my party and mudhen wasn't invited". Funny, but not helpful.

If you use this free website for personal gain, I think it reasonable to at least try to field questions from the website's members. A simple "I don't know, let me check" or "Please contact Tru-Glo's CS" would have sufficed. :)

QuakerBoy,thank you for the info,as always you were very helpful with your reply.I only hope that sometime ,maybe you can help me again.Everyone here should appreciate your help and information.You have resources that many of us here dont have.Now I think maybe I will try one of the SSX tubes also,whenever I am able to lay hands on one anyhow.When I get to try it out I will try to let the results be known here,maybe it will help someone!