Combat Shotty Fans

Full Bore

Seen this before, too bad I'll never ever get to play with one in California, and if there was a State that every could use one for self defense it's us.

I am skeptical about the recoil, I would like to see them fire 3 1/2 Mag Slugs and see how it fires then. I would also like to see if it can cycle bean bags etc.

It also looks like it weighs 50 lbs. We don't know in what kind of weather conditions it will operate, we don't know how many rounds it can spit out before it needs to cool off. I think the M4 is safe for now, this may be just a special applications firearm.

heavy but ultra reliable,,seen it before and read about it gun mags too,,,,Benelli has its counter in there research and development lab,,,just waiting for an oppurtunity like this,,so when the time comes for the military weapons testing ,,,everybody is gonna break out something,,you'll see,imagine a black streamlied select fire Benelli version,,cool

"I am skeptical about the recoil, I would like to see them fire 3 1/2 Mag Slugs and see how it fires then. I would also like to see if it can cycle bean bags etc.

It also looks like it weighs 50 lbs. We don't know in what kind of weather conditions it will operate, we don't know how many rounds it can spit out before it needs to cool off."

As a combat shotgun somehow I don't think the military is too worried about shooting bean bags. As a full auto why would you need 3.5 inch slugs?

Especially with the ammo they show in the video.

50 lbs? To me the gun itself doesn't appear that bad. Add the drum mag, sure its going to up a bit. Look at the M16 of today and all the gear for it they are using now. Lasers, cameras, infra red optics etc. They are not exactly lite either.

According to the video its made for all kinds of weather and it it made from many alloyed metals.

Cool Off? Its not belt feed. Ever shoot fifty pair of doubles in trap? Trap guns can get pretty hot also but manageable.

Recoil.? The Ljutic Dynakic trap gun and the Browning Recoilless Trap gun both used somewhat the same principal of taming recoil and they actually worked fairly well. They were just kind of ugly clubs on the trap field and didn't go over real well.

Special application firearm? Sure it is. So is the M4.

Modern firearm design is truely amazing to me and I guess thats really the point of this post. The days of the old 870 riot gun are slowly or quickly slipping away.