Where do you get a parts list with item numbers?

LabradorGuy

I was looking on the benelli website for a parts list for my Nova. Specifically I'm looking for the item number codes that would let me call my gun shop and get me the specific parts that I want. I checked the online manual and that doesn't have it. The only product numbers I could find were on complete guns. If you can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

no problem so ya been replacing a bunch a parts? how has the nova held up and do ya put it thru its paces? i thought about getting one and just did not wanta do the 870 and was going to restore a Winchester Model 12 but wanted something i could use and abuse without messing up a refurbished shotgun!!

No I havn't needed to replace any parts at all, but I'm putting together a parts kit for when i travel up north just in case. That's serious bear country so I depend on this gun for my life every day. We're about 500km from anything with no chance of resupply so I want to make sure I've got a few basics in case of trouble, like springs, firing pins and the like.

But to be honest, I havn't had a single problem with the Nova. I'm guessing I've shot well over 500 rounds in all kinds of weather and conditions and I havn't had a single jam or misfire. Not one problem. The most impressive thing was how it's been handling the cold. The other day it was -35 C (-31F) and it worked perfectly. No special lube or anything, just smooth operation. I can't say the same about my father's old Winchester model 70 (1980's version) which had severe icing problems on the whole bolt and firing pin. Damn thing refused to fire after three shots. Good thing the Nova still worked. I saw a good dozen wolves who were watching our camp. They gave us no trouble so we left them alone, but it was nice to know that the Nova was there and was 100% dependable.

Sounds like reliable firearm and worth the 4 bills!! Hey i used to fly into Goose Bay frequently and man is that place cold!! on occasion we would also get into St. Johns i believe it was! so ya shoot a group of slugs with it!! if it were me i would do the mini-14 or 30 just because it is one mean little reliable gun and packable with folding butstock! plus ya can get a large mag for them!!

I'm pretty sure the Mini-14/30 is restricted in Canada, as well as high capacity magazines. That was the gun that Mark Lepine used to shoot up a university in Quebec killing 14 women. It was a terrible crime commited by a terrible person, so the government restricted the gun. I could still buy one, but I need to do a course and pay for a special licence and then there's huge restrictions on moving it from place to place (ie. permits from the police every time). Wierd thing is, you can still buy all kinds of other semi-autos. When does a semi-auto become an "assault rifle"? Our government basically waits until a gun is used in a major crime and then puts it on the list. It's crazy and unguided. I'm waiting for someone to rob a store with a SBEII and then it'll be on the list for sure. For an interesting read check this out:

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc/cr/SOR-98-462/bo-ga:s_1::bo-ga:s_2?page=2

You'll notice that the Yaqua Blowgun (yes, a breath fired blow dart tube) is prohibited in the same legislation that prevents me from buying a Barrett M82 (there's goes my plans for next Christmas :) ). You can clearly see that it's a knee jerk reaction list that has guns tacked on over time.

Here's something else that's interesting, my wife is government wildlife scientist working in "remote areas" so she is allowed to carry a handgun outside of town limits. I often go with her to help with the heavy stuff, tend camp, watch for bears, etc. but because I'm not the official scientist I'd do several years in prison for carrying a handgun. Thus, the Benelli Nova slug cannon. It's completely ad hoc legislation made by people in Ottawa who never go outside. Grrrrrr......

Ps. I grew up in St. John's and I live in Goose Bay. It's still cold, but a great place to live. Nothing but open country where a man can go and shoot his wife's handgun to his heart's content :) (yay canada!)

Sorry to hear about the Mini 14 and why would they blame the Manufacturer? plain wrong and i will check out that article i am allways interested in a good read ebven if it does give ya a headache!! we used to fly in to GB with the USAF on our rotations to Mildenhall, UK 2 times a year and really enjoyed what little we got to see!! St Johns was like a College party town and we really enjoyed it!!

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-70-398-2241/disasters_tragedies/montreal_massacre/clip7 seems this article says it was not banned? i think this is a really nice pack gun and hard to get it to malfunction and accurate enough at mid to close range even with small clip, just get a handfull of them! i would want it for bear before a shotgun anytime!! probably in the MIni-30 round though!! click on 2nd page of story and it states this!

You're right, the gun is not banned but it's classified as restricted. The gov of Canada classifies firearms into a number of categories:

general (hunting guns incl. shotguns, rifles, .22, .17)

restricted (all handguns and semi-auto long guns with short barrels and of a military nature - extremely vague group and ad hoc, see previous post)

prohibited (any full auto gun, short or long barrel and any gun of a "destructive" nature ex. Barrett .50) also includes unusual weapons ex. blowdart tubes, nunchucks, throwing stars etc.

It's pretty much impossible to get a prohibited licence. Even collectors must render a prohibited gun unusable before they are allowed to own it.

The mini-14 is classified as a restricted weapon which means I could get one but they make the process such a pain in the ass that it's just not worth it. Also, it would be illegal for me to take it in the woods, I could only have it at home or at a licenced range. Moving it from home to range requires permission from the local police. Isn't that crazy? I could own a legally obtained and registered firearm but I'm not allowed to go shoot it in the woods. As I said before, our gun laws in Canada are ****ed up and made by people who never go outdoors!

you need to move to the WWW and just slow down before ya get to left coast!! Police here are aware of gun laws and they should not be provoked!! Not too many are dumb enough to do that !! just keep your hands where they can see them and you have no problems!! guns get a bad rap and seems consumers pay the price for that in Canada, what a shame!!