Aftermarket parts for Supernova

fivehourfrenzy

I'll be ordering a black Supernova tactical with ghost-ring sights and comfortech stock this week. It will be my first shotgun...for HD, camping defense, small game hunting, and eventually deer hunting with a rifled barrel (unless I hit the lotto and get an R1 in .30-06).

I'm looking around for a mag extension and sidesaddle. So far the only mag extension I've found is a tacstar, which is fairly inexpensive and gets good ratings. Mesa Tactical makes a 6-shell holder for mounting on the receiver. Although the picatinny rail version might come in handy when I decide to mount a red dot scope for deer, I'd rather have the version with the contoured plate that's designed for the M1/M2, but I'm not sure if the Supernova receiver has the proper drilled/tapped hole for the bolt, or if the backplate will fit against the receiver. Any input on that would be great, as well as recommendations for a mag extension.

I want maximum magazine capacity as long as it doesn't extend past the muzzle. For HD, I'll keep it loaded with 2 3/4" LR Powershok loads of 00 buckshot, and for camping I'll have the first two shells in 2 3/4" #4 buckshot (for snakes), followed by 2 3/4" 1 oz. hollow point slugs. I'm wondering how 2 3/4" shells I could carry at one time in the magazine with the different mag extensions. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

edit: Also, is Benelli the only source for the tritium inserts for the ghost-rings?

• 3 weeks later...

Is this what you had in mind? I have the TacStar mag extension and the Mesa 6 shell holder you mentioned. Also, you might want to consider getting an elastic shell holder for the butt stock until you are ready for the red dot. I have one as shown in this pic I picked up for $9.99 and stays on very well. I rarely leave it on the gun tho, 12 shells is a bit overkill and heavy :)

shotty.jpg

Is this what you had in mind? I have the TacStar mag extension and the Mesa 6 shell holder you mentioned. Also, you might want to consider getting an elastic shell holder for the butt stock until you are ready for the red dot. I have one as shown in this pic I picked up for $9.99 and stays on very well. I rarely leave it on the gun tho, 12 shells is a bit overkill and heavy :)

shotty.jpg

How did you mount the rail on the Nova? I'm going to get one eventually but figured i needed to go to a gunsmith, i've got the nova tactical not supernova so mayber there is a difference.

On top, just in front of the rear sight there are 4 pre drilled holes in the receiver. They have rubber plugs in them that can be pushed out from the inside, you have to take the trigger mechanism out. then wa-la. The rail sits on top and screws down into it from the top. I'm pretty sure it is no different on a nova, here is a link to s nova with a rail, looks pretty spiffy too!

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh21-e.htm

On top, just in front of the rear sight there are 4 pre drilled holes in the receiver. They have rubber plugs in them that can be pushed out from the inside, you have to take the trigger mechanism out. then wa-la. The rail sits on top and screws down into it from the top. I'm pretty sure it is no different on a nova, here is a link to s nova with a rail, looks pretty spiffy too!

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh21-e.htm

Thanks for the reply man, but the nova doesn't have the pre-drilled holes it must be only on the SuperNova. That link you posted i've seen before and it is a nova tactical with a rail so i guess a gunsmith is the way i will need to go.

No wiggle at all, I do plan on putting a clamp on though. One with a small picatinny rail that I will mount a flashlight on.

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-tactical-magazine-clamp-rail-for-tactical-shotguns-p-47.html?osCsid=9e38f37ab28c3a28850f3c8bc00148fa

I'm kind of wishing i would have bought that instead of the standard clamp. Post some pics when you get that installed with a light.