questions on drop shims in SBEII

LOGGER79

I bought a SBEII last fall. I have already put over 1000 rnds through it mostly 3" stuff. No problems with the action but my pass shooting is suffering with this gun. I had to trade back to my 11-87 in south dakota to hit anything! I have been playing with the shims that come with the gun but this time of year there are no birds to try it on. Any suggestions on how to adjust P.O.I. would be helpful.

My new SBE II shot dead on right from the box.

If I had to adjust it, I would have to set up some sort of test pattern experiment where I could shoot fast and see what was going on.

One of my friends has a great system. He buys a big roll of packing paper - the cheap white paper - and he runs it along a fence on his ranch. He then draws as many 30" circles as he can with a black dot in the middle. He steps back to whatever distance he wants, and takes snap shots as if he was hunting. He gets an idea real quick if there is a problem. His method is much quicker than setting up one pattern board at a time.

Good luck,

mudhen - CA