Questions re: Nova Tactical

Double Ought

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and new to tactical shotguns so I'm here looking for some info.

I recently bought a used Nova 12 ga. tactical model shotgun. It came w/ no papers or manual, so I've been looking at what's available on the Benelli web site and have the manual downloaded.

My questions:

The locking lever that is forward of the trigger needs to be moved to the rear to work the pump action. Is this necessary for EVERY shot? Seems like a lot of finger manipulation when you may be under stress to fire several shots in a short amount of time. I've never owned a pump before, so maybe it's a standard thing.

The magazine is supposed to hold 4 rounds, but only accepts 2, so I assume there is a plug in place. Can that be removed by taking off the magazine end cap? I know I have to keep the magazine spring from flying out, but are there any other precautions and/or techniques to be aware of?

How often should the gun be taken apart for a thorough cleaning?

Any recommendations for sources with good prices on magazine extentions and recoil reducers?

Thanks in advance for your input. :D

Once the shotgun is fired you only have to work the pump action. You will not have to press it each time but you will if you are just going to unload it. Yes it has a plug in it. It should hold 5 2 3/4 shells without the plug. Just use some snap ring pliers to pull the cap out. As far as mag. ext. Tac Star makes them as now you are very unlikely to find a Benelli brand anymore thanks to ATF. I clean mine after I take it to the range.

Once the shotgun is fired you only have to work the pump action. You will not have to press it each time but you will if you are just going to unload it. Yes it has a plug in it. It should hold 5 2 3/4 shells without the plug. Just use some snap ring pliers to pull the cap out. As far as mag. ext. Tac Star makes them as now you are very unlikely to find a Benelli brand anymore thanks to ATF. I clean mine after I take it to the range.

Thanks for the info. Obviously, I haven't taken it to the range yet. Will run some rounds through it this weekend.