Should I pick this Benelli M4 up?

cms81586

It's a Benelli M4. It has the fixed pistol grip. The shop that has it for sale said a guy (who does this regularly for some reason) purchased it and changed his mine, trading it in on something else a few weeks later. Guy that bought it claims he never fired it. I looked at it today and it don't even have any wear on the extractor. I'm going to put it on layaway tommorrow. Price....... $999. It's advertised as NIB with box. Not a scratch on it. Should I get it? I'll have to put it on layaway as I dont' have the spare cash laying around. I'm selling a Winchester M94 to help fund the purchase as well.

CMS

It's a Benelli M4. It has the fixed pistol grip. The shop that has it for sale said a guy (who does this regularly for some reason) purchased it and changed his mine, trading it in on something else a few weeks later. Guy that bought it claims he never fired it. I looked at it today and it don't even have any wear on the extractor. I'm going to put it on layaway tommorrow. Price....... $999. It's advertised as NIB with box. Not a scratch on it. Should I get it? I'll have to put it on layaway as I dont' have the spare cash laying around. I'm selling a Winchester M94 to help fund the purchase as well.

CMS

I totally don't believe you. Please post the shop name and number. :-) Seriously, if you're thinking of passing on it, please let someone else know the details asap! Thanks!

Screw Lay-a-way...I put $100 down to hold it and tommorrow I'm going to pick it up so I'll have it for the Mason Dixon shoot in Central City, PA this weekend. The Credit Card will recover. I do have one question. I though all M4's had fixed IC bores. This one has choke tubes. It's clearly an M4 with "M4" on the receiver, twin gas pistons under the handguards and all. Can someone clear this up?

CMS

thats one **** of a deal if you ask me

At 25 yds I could barely stay on paper with slugs out of my old bead sight Mossberg 500 18.5". Ghost rings are the way to go. I'll never go back. I'd say that they double the range of a shotgun with slugs. What's more amazing was with a clay thrower and some #7 birdshot I nailed every clay. Granted the thrower is just one you stake into the ground and it by no means throws them as fast or far as a real one but dang it was a good time!

CMS