nova shotgun

danpmor

hey whats up uhhh i heard you wanted to get a nova thats alright i'll let ya know that she kicks a good bit and i do skeet and trap and every weekend i come home with a bruise. but mostly because i suck at shouldering my gun properly. but trust me shes got kick but shes definatly worth buyin. my dad... hes shot 3.5 loads and it kicked him pretty good. but just lately i've purchased the recoil reducer... now i need to order the bracket to put it in. well when i get that bracket i'll drop another reply so for peace.

Originally posted by Nova Pumperoo:

hey whats up uhhh i heard you wanted to get a nova thats alright i'll let ya know that she kicks a good bit and i do skeet and trap and every weekend i come home with a bruise. but mostly because i suck at shouldering my gun properly. but trust me shes got kick but shes definatly worth buyin. my dad... hes shot 3.5 loads and it kicked him pretty good. but just lately i've purchased the recoil reducer... now i need to order the bracket to put it in. well when i get that bracket i'll drop another reply so for peace.

Where did you purchase the Recoil Reducer?

Straight from Benelli? or a Dealer?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by danpmor:

I am considering purchasing a nova shotgun, but i have heard varying opinions about the recoil on this gun. I currently own a remington 870. Could someone who has shot both the remington and the nova give me their opinion please.

Thanks

I purchased a nova about 3 years and i use it for goose and duck hunting. i've shot both guns and i like the nova better, now i use 3.5 loads for goose and im 5'5" and about 140 and i really have no problem with the kick and beleive it or not i've never bruised. i also use it for skeet in the off season. i do not have the recoil reducer in the gun. and frankly i don't want to waste money on the reducer.