Different versions of M4's?

FieldGunner28

First of all, yes I am a newby..so take this in to considertation before blasting me.

I have been reading threads on this forum for several hours this weekend. However, I still have unanswered questions.

Are there different versions of the m4 11707 (i.e. civilian, LE)? If so, what are the key differences?

FieldGunner28

Apparently there are no less than 1,000,000 different versions of the M4.

Seriously. There seems to be a handfull of different ones floating around. M4, M1014, 11701, M4LE, M4 American Flag. ect. I have yet to find anyone that can give me a solid answer as to which one is actually "different"

I want to say that the pure Mil version comes with a fixed choke, whereas the others are interchangable.

Mine was boxed funny. It came with the collapsable skel stock, and removable chokes. However, the markings on the gun are M4LE, but the box says 11701 on one spot, and M1014 in another. And yet another sticker on the box says 18.5 Col stock, M4 Law Enforcement only.

Oh well, they seem to all shoot the same.

Great....well the reason I ask is because I have purchased a collapsible stock and I am trying to figure out what it will work on. Yes, I am going at this a little backwards, bought the parts and now figuring out what they will work on. I don't believe it will work on the M1014, but read that it will work on a M4 since the m4 has the necessary notches on the recycle can. Not sure if all m4's have the necessary knotches though?

If the model you bought is indeed a 11707, you should have 3 notches on your recoil tube, and it should be milled with a flat section.

A collapsible stock will work just fine if this is the case.

As far as differences between 11707s, I don't beleive there are any major ones. Unless things have changed in the year or so it's been I've been away from benelli.

A quick search should give you a wealth of information about the different makes of M4s and the differences between them.