Benelli Nova Tactical A few questions

WGBJR

Hello all. I just ordered a Benelli Nova Tactical with ghost ring sights to replace my long suffering Mossberg 590 as my patrol go to shotgun and I have a few questions I hope y'all can help me with. I have the recoil reducer kit coming as well as na 2 shot extension so I'm covered there. My questions are as follows:

Where can I get the tritium aperture and front blade for the ghost ring sights?

About the Limbsaver recoil pad, on the limbsaver site they do not list a pop in pad for the Nova Tactical,in fact they specify non tactical, is there a pad that will work or will I have to go with the slip on pad? Or will the gel pads on the benelli site work in my tactical?

I can't seem to find a tac sling for the Benelli Nova Tactical, is there one out there or will I have to get inventive?

Are there any quirks about the Nova I should know about? I have read back about six months worth of posts here on the gun but just wanted ask in case I missed something.

Are there any other officers here who use the Nova as a duty gun?

Thanks in advance for the help.

which tactical stock did ya get? Comfortech or Pistol grip?

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/meprolight-night-sights-for-benelli-p-100.html i thought the super nova came with tritium sights? dig around here! http://www.tactical-store.com/ & here http://www.gggaz.com/ also

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/ lotta stuff around but most for M4 but you can find some Super Nova stuff! best bet is hang around till a Officer posts up!

yep you will have to buy the Tritium sights Benelli PN #60795 probably a little less than 100 bucks. They can be ordered thru Benelli! I hate their catalogs they are so confusing and misleading but it shows them in the parts section in the 07 Catalog and the online catalog!

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/partsAccessoriesSights.tpl the ones below where it says tactical, i would call them and ask to make sure before you let a dealer order the wrong sights though!!

About the Limbsaver recoil pad, on the limbsaver site they do not list a pop in pad for the Nova Tactical,in fact they specify non tactical, is there a pad that will work or will I have to go with the slip on pad? Or will the gel pads on the benelli site work in my tactical?

I spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out and finally found what worked. You want part 10402, there is a plastic piece that is tough to fit into the stock but after some shuffling around it will snap in, trust me. You will need to buy some screws because the tactical nova has no screws in the stock pad. Screw the pad to the plastic piece you worked into place and your set. The screws recess all the way into the pad so you wont see them. Don't get part 10401 or 10400 you want 10402. Looks alot better then the slip on pad. Just takes some patience and some handywork.

I spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out and finally found what worked. You want part 10402, there is a plastic piece that is tough to fit into the stock but after some shuffling around it will snap in, trust me. You will need to buy some screws because the tactical nova has no screws in the stock pad. Screw the pad to the plastic piece you worked into place and your set. The screws recess all the way into the pad so you wont see them. Don't get part 10401 or 10400 you want 10402. Looks alot better then the slip on pad. Just takes some patience and some handywork.

When you put the pad on your tactical,is it the same size as the pad you took off?If so then it is a larger pad than the pad on the Supernova Steadygrip.Myself and a few others here have been trying to find a replacement pad for the one that comes on the steadygrip Supernova.

When you put the pad on your tactical,is it the same size as the pad you took off?If so then it is a larger pad than the pad on the Supernova Steadygrip.Myself and a few others here have been trying to find a replacement pad for the one that comes on the steadygrip Supernova.

Yes the LimbSaver pad is the same size as the pad that comes on the tactical nova. Not sure about the SuperNova Steadygrip hope you can find one that works. I brought the pad from my Nova into a couple stores and took all the LimbSavers out until i found the one that matched up.

Thanks for the reply,it is just as I have found out I think.I contacted limbsaver about a replacement pad for the Supernova Steadygrip and all that they told me was that they were having fit problems with those guns.I never really have gotten a straight answer from them,as to whether or not they have tried to manufacture a pad for that stock.

Instead of the limbsaver I might try one of the gel pads they advertise for the nova and super nova on the web site. Do I just call customer service or do I have to have a local dealer order it? Also anyone know what the leng of pull is on the Nova from the factory?

You will have to get a local Benelli dealer to order you a pad from Benelli if you wish to get an OEM pad instead of an aftermarket.Be prepared because the word I have from a local dealer here is that the gel pad from Benelli is very pricey.I was told they ordered one for another customer and it was around the $80 mark.

The length of pull on your tactical should be 14 1/4" ,that is what the website states for your gun.

The Nova recoil reducer kit has a new part number. In it you get the bracket, the hose, the two screws, the retaining clip, and the mercury tube. It is $115.

Limbsaver pad is worth getting. If you don't find a prefit pad, you can send the buttstock to Limbsaver and they will install a "grind-to-fit" pad for you. Suggest you mention your LE status, there may be a discount. The grind-to-fit pad may cost as much as a Benelli gel pad, but is very very worth it.

I have both Limbsaver 10402 and the mercury reducer on a standard Nova and now I can touch off the massive turkey loads without fear.

The Nova recoil reducer kit has a new part number. In it you get the bracket, the hose, the two screws, the retaining clip, and the mercury tube. It is $115.

Limbsaver pad is worth getting. If you don't find a prefit pad, you can send the buttstock to Limbsaver and they will install a "grind-to-fit" pad for you. Suggest you mention your LE status, there may be a discount. The grind-to-fit pad may cost as much as a Benelli gel pad, but is very very worth it.

I have both Limbsaver 10402 and the mercury reducer on a standard Nova and now I can touch off the massive turkey loads without fear.

My recoil reducer will be here the middle of the week, seems in a couple threads some questions about installation, anything special I need to know?

Also the Limb saver website doesn't recognize the number you use, 10402, is it one of those things were calling them works better? Also how does the limb saver affect length of pull ? I really need to shorten the length of pull on my gun, that's why I'm interested in the gel pad form benelli.

I may have the pre-fit part number wrong. I wrote the above from memory. The Limbsaver pads are thick, but not that much more than the standad Nova hard pad. I have never seen a Nova gel pad so I can't estimate if Limbsaver would be thicker.

I wrote in another thread here how to install the recoil reducer. I can't be sure how close it comes to the internal side of the recoil pad, but it is pretty close. The Benelli imagery may give you an idea.

I am not sure if you can shorten the Nova stock. The stock is hollow, and certainly could be trimmed. But, the Limbsaver pad uses an internal plastic anchor plate that grabs the stock internal features, and if you cut the stock off those would vanish as well. The stock recoil pad uses the same features to snap into place.

I may have the pre-fit part number wrong. I wrote the above from memory. The Limbsaver pads are thick, but not that much more than the standad Nova hard pad. I have never seen a Nova gel pad so I can't estimate if Limbsaver would be thicker.

You actually do have the part number right,it is 10402.The 10402 is the same pad as the 10401,but it includes the plastic adapter mentioned in your thread earlier.You will need the adapter to mount the pad to your stock.Like was said earlier,the Limbsaver site doesn't mention the 10402,but your local dealer will probably have it.

I am pretty sure the gel pads are the same thickness as the LImbsaver,unless you get a smaller pad to reduce your length of pull.In my opinion I think the Limbsaver will reduce the felt recoil better than the factory gel pads,they are somewhat softer,and have less ribs inside so they will cushion better.

Well I got the gel pad that shortens length of pull the most ordered today. The recoil reducer will be here 5th. Once I have every thing on and ready I'll get serious about slug load selection and start seriously patterning 00 loads.

I figured out how to mount a tac sling on the Nova. I have just ordered the blackhawk buttstock adapter and a VTAC 2 point sling. I'll let y'all know how it works.

Edited to add 5 Mar 08

Recoil Reducer installed, once sling and sling adapter kit arrives the shottie will be ready to go into my ready bag along with whatever loads it has a preference for. I'll post a shooting report once I get several seccessions behind me.

• 3 months later...