More Benelli Haters......

10Gauge

Wakeman is a huge proponent of cheap firearms and the theme is common in many of his write-ups.

That said, he makes some dcent points regarding pricing of the SBEII vs the Nova.

It's hard to see where the additional money is in the gun, and one can only accept that they are paying not so much for what's there in parts and materials, but what the sum of those parts and materials can do.

Wakeman is a huge proponent of cheap firearms and the theme is common in many of his write-ups.

That said, he makes some dcent points regarding pricing of the SBEII vs the Nova.

It's hard to see where the additional money is in the gun, and one can only accept that they are paying not so much for what's there in parts and materials, but what the sum of those parts and materials can do.

Your right Tuck about the sum of the parts and what they can do, a lot of it is percieved value regardless of the cost of parts. If the product appears to be better than most and is held in high asteem by its users then a higher price is expected.

Like many of you, i own both the SBE2 & SuperNova and in my opinion more attention to detail is paid to the SBE2 (and SBE's). By this I mean the internal trigger mechanism in the SBE2 is superior to the SuperNova, the machining and fit on my SBE2 is better as well. Crio treating the barrel adds to the cost of the SBE2, too. Finally, i'm sure the barrel and action of the SBE2 adds to the machining cost as opposed to the molded "plastic" reciever in the SuperNova.

Personally, I think "Wakeman" is a boob and he makes a lot of comments about things he has little or no experience with regarding both firearms and hunting. Yes, he has a right to his opinions and we are intitled to challenge him. My very first Benelli purchase was a sporting clays gun and i dumped that gun so fast because it was killing me with respect to recoil....i didn't discount the value of the Benelli system based on that experience alone. There are softer shooting guns for lots of clay bird shooting and this is why i still own a Beretta 390! As far as "wakeman's" comments on the A5, i own several of these guns as well and enjoy shooting them. however, the recoil can be brutal if the recoil rings are not setup to the specific load your shooting. Combine that with the entire 28" or 30" barrel moving back and forth each time you pull the trigger and it is obvious accuracy in the A5 is not as good as a fixed barrel gun! Finally, A5's have a lot of parts compared to "modern" semi-auto's and this means they need more care and maintenance to keep them operating properly. As i said, i love my humpbacks but to compare an A5 with a SBE or SBE2 is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Honda....just my opinion, mr. whackman!

Tucker hit the nail on the head you are paying for the value of what it can do, not how much it cost them to make it. A good example would be memory cards, put a 8MB SD card next to a 4GB SD card they are physically identical, but one can hold a lot more data than the other and you are going to pay for it.

here is another opinion of his! guess nobody knew of these issues?:rolleyes:

Nothing ever displaces fit, and nothing ever will in a scattergun, and personal preferences remain just that. My experience with the Benelli Super Black Eagle and related models has been less than satisfying. They kick, and in high volume shooting situations can pound you into the ground like a tent stake. Their triggers have been universally poor, and are hard to easily improve. No ranked shooter I know of bothers with them, but the SBE's have a strong following in the field, particularly for waterfowlers, as they are touted as "super-reliable." Horses for courses, like anything else.

myself not being a competition shooter i bought a shotgun that fits my wants and needs and hope that is why yall are buying them also! I have no issues with recoil or trigger, just an opinion!:D

Tucker hit the nail on the head you are paying for the value of what it can do, not how much it cost them to make it. A good example would be memory cards, put a 8MB SD card next to a 4GB SD card they are physically identical, but one can hold a lot more data than the other and you are going to pay for it.

bo, that's a pretty lame example?!?! My benelli's do the same thing my beretta's or browning's do....all three are not capable of doing more than $250 Mossberg with respect to killing game. Maybe the point you are trying to make is the Benelli is capable of shooting more rounds without failure than a Mossberg???

I wonder why Tom Knapp shoots a benelli? maybe they are the only guys willing to pay him what he wants and if Winchester would pay more maybe Tom would jump ship?!? was it this thread or another somebody wrote about the SX3 beating the benelli "speed" record??? maybe Tom's ship has sailed!

neway....i like my benelli's, i really like my beretta's and my brownings are borrowed mules! i've never really "loved" a shotgun or rifle or handgun....i've lusted after a few but never "loved" one.