Where to buy Recoil Pad - SBEII

Paolo

What would be a good pad to put on the SBEII ... I need something that is at least 1/2" - 3/4" shorter. I like the design of the benelli recoil pad, how it has the rounded angled top so that it does not interfere with the clothing when raising the gun. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Paul

Most Benelli dealers are starting to get their recoil pads & high combs. My dealer has all in stock now.

Ask your dealer to order you one.

GB must have stock in APT - he spams it every chance he gets! (I'm not slamming you GB - but that's about the 100th time you have mentioned that pad - silly to add to a SBE II that comes with a cast & drop kit - prolly great for other guns though)

I think Tucker knows of many on-line sources - perhaps he will chime in ?

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by Paolo:

I need to replace the recoil pad on my SBEII for the thinner one because the gun is too long for me right now. Does anyone know where I can purchase one online?

Thanks

Paul

tongue.gif www.brownells.com does have the Gel Pad in the 14" LOP. It is advertised as the gel pad for the nova but it is the same that will fit on a supper sport and your SBE II. I know this because I purchased it already for my SBE II

I like the idea of a 13 1/2" LOP anything in between that and under 14" ... I'm on the Brownells site now but not sure which Kickeez pad I'm suppose to get. Unsure about the size. Anyone want to help a confused fellow LOL.

thanks for all the help

The only other prefit pad is the 14" lop from Benelli.

Anything shorter will have to be aftermarket and may involve the cutting of your Comfortech stock and/or adding of plates as Golden Bear mentions.

I found the 14" lop to be pretty darn short - almost too short!

GB - like I said I bet that is a great system for many guns - it just kinda defeats the purpose of a pull-off pad, i.e. drainage, easy access to stock nut to make quick cast and/or drop changes, etc.

Benelli intentionally changed the design of the recoil tube to allow drainage into the stock hollow and subsequent removal of water by removing the pull-off pad. The recoil tube drains much better now. Blocking it with a more permanent pad might trap more water and cause rust issues. The new recoil spring and tube are not stainless, just coated steel.

IMVHO, I just think it imprudent to go against the manufacturer's intent in an area like this......

mudhen - CA

Would it be wise to put some rust proofing oiling on the inside of the stock? Before each season? This way if any moisture gets inside it wont rust out any parts.

How about installing one of those silica pads in the stock to trap any moisture?

I think Im going to go with the Benelli 14" Pad. I'm a small guy so that is why I need the shorter LOP.

Thanks!

Paul

Keep the tube lubricated, but not to the point if dripping.

It won't need draining unless it gets dunked or it gets exposed to heavy precipitation. In those cases, you'd better have enough sense to thoroughly disassemble and clean the gun anyway.

This area should also be routinely checked during the season, regardless of whether it is exposed directly to water. The hollow cavity is the perfect place for condesation to collect as the gun goes from cold to warm at the end of a hunt.

With the pull-off pad, as mudhen mentioned, it's quick and easy to take a look and see if there's moisture in there. Not impossible with other pads, just more effort.

[ 09-05-2005, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

• 4 weeks later...