Shooting Slugs w/SBEII

Gilly08

WTF???

slugs can't hurt a smooth bore gun....you do want to use an "open" choke, i personally prefer a cyl or imp cyl when shooting slugs from smooth bore guns, but a modified choke works fine in some guns!

i'm not sure what these guys are smoking but people have been shooting slugs from smooth bores longer than they have been shooting rifled barrels!!!

People do it all the time. But I know 4 guys that have bulges in there field barrels now. 2 brownings, 1 mossberg, and one 870. Do what you want but I would have a slug gun or slug barrel. for an sbeII you can buy 2 guns for the price of a slug barrel so whatever. If you do use your field barrel, companys made rilfed slug chokes(lead only right 10 gauge :) ) to. I don't know how they shoot so your on your own there.

novaking

I am not sure about the SBE barrel design. But, the original Beretta Xtrema is backbored. This makes the bore slightly larger than standard. It would not shoot slugs well. I called Beretta, and they said that it would not shoot slugs well by its nature. I was disappointed, as I wanted a do-everything shotgun. But, as another poster said, I could buy a rifled slug 870 and scope for the price of a Beretta barrel. And at the time, there was no rifled slug Xtrema barrel.

So, check the design of the SBE barrel before using it for slugs. It may not work well by design.

http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/troubleshooting.tpl X2 no they do not want ya to backbore them due to Inertia System read last problem at bottom of page! Smooth bore slugs are very good at putting steak on the table and rifled slugs in a rifled barrel will give you a better pattern at a longer distance but nothing phenominal!! smooth bore slugs ar good to 100yds but not much farther! depends on your abulity and knowing your shotguns ballistics!