New SBE Disappointment

Matchshot

Nola great...so you had some problems with the gun and now maybe you are happy...On a serious note here.i've had my SBE2 since Dec2007 most of you know,its Black no camo..and i shoot it Regulary just to see if it will break or jam....i had 2 guys shooting it continsually and it kept firing shot after shot...we put over 5 boxes threw it in 4 hour period...i never get the Benelli click or the jam...i will say i don't shoot less then 1 1/8 oz..no reason too...i'm a hunter not a trap shooter...so now for 5 months no problems...do i treat it any different then my mossberg No...i clean it the same...way just use different oils and scrubbers..break it down to the bone everytime,i'm done with it...just like i do my mossberg...so i can say..i have over 600 rounds threw it now and its been a great gun...Honkers41

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honkers41, i've owned mine a little while longer & shot it a slightly more times than you - but with dozens & dozens of jams. i sent it back to the factory & hopefully/apparently it's now fixed - though to me, the real proof will be during the coming duck season (which is the reason i bought the gun). fanatics on this forum really get fired up when they hear of any benelli problems/complaints. to me, that's just another part of possible product improvement & customer education. thanks

GW,

I'm worried about what will happen if I have a problem with the gun in the future - so I have not give all full details here. I have ~4 years of warranty left & have only shot 2 boxes since I got the gun back. A couple of others here basically have called me a liar - so I told them I'd post my proof, provided they buy me out at my cost. I'm not going after anyone or benelli - just giving my personal experience - and my offer still stands to any & all. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until Benelli tells me it's fine or my warranty runs out. Read this post from the beginning & you'll see. Thanks

tucker,

if you are unable or unwilling to put your money where your mouth is - and you are so foolish to believe/accept that benelli could not possibly produce a defective sbeii - just call your good friends at customer service (or is that, talk to your co-workers) - and ask them if my experience can be true. while you have them on the phone, ask them why their repair backlog is so long.

• 4 months later...

gentlemen, firearms are just like women,all of them have thier faults, some are high maintenance, some are cheap,some are pretty, some are not,some even work better than others,they all shoot their mouths off when loaded. i prefer short strawberry blondes, my best friend prefers tall blondes,his brother prefersfat brunettes. bottom line... if you arent happy with it, get rid of it and try another. no amount pissing is going to make someone like what you do.

I have three guns, a gas-operated, a long recoil operated and a Montefeltro Super90. The best of all is the inertia operated shotgun. This is why I love Benelli shotguns, just because of there system... SIMPLICITY! The more an object is simple the better it is, in anyway! I have 7 friends who go hunting on land & out at sea, and they have M1's, SBE 1 & 2's, 121's & 123's . You really wouldn't recognize either gun unless said these are Benelli's, all rust & dirt! And they just keep on firing. Why? because they are made simple. 3 of these friends had gas-operated guns and they switched to Benelli's just because they could'nt stand up to all that abuse!

Return the gun and get another SBEII or a M-2 field. Do not,I repeat, do not buy an 11-87. I have an m-1 Super 90 I've had for 13 years. It is a smooth running machine. Have the Cabela's staff put the gun together with you there.

Whats wrong with 1187's? I had a SPS 3" for years and never jammed a crap target load and working evertime in pouring rain to snow.

same with my $279.00 Charles Daly, i went shooting skeet all this summer with out cleaning it, just to see how dirty it has to get before it quits cycling. its been to 14 shoots, had around 150-300 rounds run through it on every outing, and still shoots like a dream. im gona break down before dove season and clean it.yea i know..... im an a** for treating it like that.

• 1 year later...

Almost 2 years after I started this thread I am happy to report that my LH SBE II has killed it share of brant, ducks and deer. The camo is a bit dinged and it has gotten dirty out in the tidal marshes and fields and it is the best, most reliable shotgun I have ever owned. Glad I didn't take the advice to "go get a Mossberg at Dick's"!

Edited by Matchshot