M2 front sling attachment question

RAC880

Hello,

I just bought an M2 and I love it. One concern I had though was that the front sling attachment is loose and moves around quite a bit. This doesn't bother me except that the front sling attachment hits the barrel when it moves. I guess I wasn't expecting that. I already rotated it to the left for a sling attachment. So I have a couple questions hopefeully someone can help me with.

1. Is there a way to tighten the front sling attachment?

2. If not, will the front sling attachment hitting the barrel when it moves cause damage to the barrel?

3. Has anybody had any problems with their moving front sling attachment damaging their barrel?

Your answers and assistance are much appreciated. Thanks and take care.:confused:

the swivels on a sling should not be that big as to where they would hit the barell, and yes anything that hits the barell would eventually mar the finish. the cap should screw on hand tight and the end piece sticking out should rotate and be semi loose but not anywhere near touching barell! is it the swivels hitting the barell and what type sling/swivels are they?

The front sling attachment came with the shotgun and were put on by Benelli. It is the one part of the shotgun I was not at all impressed with. Why would they put a front sling attachment on a shoutgun that swivels and hits the barrel? It appears to be a similar issue with the M2 and M4.

Hog I think he is talking about the tactical models of the M2 and the M4.If you look at a pic of either one,the sling attachment is just at the end of the forearm,but located on the mag tube.I think it swivels around on the mag tube,from side to side,allowing it to hit the barrel on either side when it swivels.

Am I correct on this RAC880?

I would think the best way to cure the problem would be to take the swivel off of the tube and maybe put one of the tube clamp swivels on to replace it.The one I am thinking of would look something like a barrel band for a dangerous game rifle,it would just clamp onto your mag tube.I know you should not have to do this,benelli should have cured this already.Maybe they will read your post and do something about it on future models.

• 4 years later...

I've got a tactical M2, with the same loose sling mount. This is a pretty old thread...has anyone resolved this issue with the stock sling mount being loose? I'd prefer to use the stock equipment rather than the after market magazine tube clamps.

The front sling attachment on my M2 is loose and moves around quite a bit. It swivels around the mag tube extension and hits the barrel when it moves. Any ideas or solutions on how to resolve this? I'm not using a sling because I don't want to damage the finish on the barrel. Thanks to anyone for recommendations or leads on this.

Wow, truckcop, thank you for your wonderful insight into the world of firearms! You are soooo helpful!

I hope that you feel real good about your contribution to this thread.

In all seriousness, to others on the forum who may be able to contribute a useful post, I'm still looking for someone who may have addressed this problem of the loose sling mount on the M2.

You resurrect a thread in which the last post was nearly 5 years ago and wonder if the "problem" has been addressed. I submit to you that under those circumstances there is no problem. But let me try another approach.

I have 3 Benellis that have the sling attachment to which you refer. Each one gets plenty of use in the field but one in particular has had particularly hard use in hunting using a sling and the attachment, while it does come in contact with the barrel, does not do so in a way that causes damage to the finish of the barrel. Here's a pic of the area in question. This gun is over 20 years old. If you get a magnifying glass you might be able to see where the sling mount is coming into contact with the barrel. Like I said. It's not an issue.

BenelliSlingMount-1.jpg

Edited by truckcop
  • Like 1

Hey truckcop, that information is useful, thank you for the different approach.

Hey benelliwerkes, how many of your other 302 posts on this forum are useless remarks from the peanut gallery?

I expect that this thread will be more useful to others now that we've had this exchange.

• Like 1