New M4 gear!!!

sonyman74

Well I ordered the Sure Fire M80 tonight and some night sights for the ghost rings. I should be getting my SOCOMguy mag tube any day now so I can't wait to get it back together and head to the range. Also ordered 100 rounds of 00 buck to take with me. Will post pics as soon as she is back in one piece.

Well, I was wondering how the heck the M80 was going to fit on mine, but I finally figured it out. You have to put it on the barrel first then the whole thing slides over the mag tube. Here are a few pics of it and my new night sights from Meprolight and my new SOCOMguy mag tube.

2mplyj6.jpg

1fes8n.jpg

nice m4, i got that m80 for mine... not liking it:(. i dont know if mine just sucks but it seems that the piston grooves inside the rubber parts of the forend are keeping one of the pistons from moving back and forth. so sometimes it wont cycle the rounds.

nice m4, i got that m80 for mine... not liking it:(. i dont know if mine just sucks but it seems that the piston grooves inside the rubber parts of the forend are keeping one of the pistons from moving back and forth. so sometimes it wont cycle the rounds.

Noticed that seems to happen on mine too occassionally. Seems like if you 'twist' it the wrong way it does jam up the gas pistons. Looks like there is enough 'play' in that channel in the rubber around the pistons housing. The rail system can 'bottom' out and so interfere with the piston free movement. Probably happens easily under recoil. Looks like putting in something to make it tighter fit would solve the problem. I will have to experiment.

Definately one should NOT lubricate the pistons.

Nice looking pics, I noticed you said you changed your sights on the ghost rings to tritium. My sights that came on my M4 aren't tritium but they do glow in the dark when illuminated from my surefire in the dark. I wasn't sure if anyone else has noticed their M4 ghost rings doing the same thing. Here is another option for you instead of running an Eotech on your gun and having to hold your head higher off the stock. The new Aimpoint Micro T-1 is alot better but way expensive for what it is. Here are some pics.

dsc03187hq5.th.jpg

dsc03183ws2.th.jpg