When is your opening day?

How much time left until your Turkey opener? What is your #1 priority at this point in time,as far as getting ready?Some folks are past the patterning stage,while others havn't even started yet.Some are still trying to pick out which camo pattern they want to wear,or polish up on their calling.Where are you at,in your own pre season program?

April 12th in KY. I have patterened my Nova and will be using a Carlson .665 non ported choke with Hevi 13 # 5 3.5 shell. Last weekend went out to the farm and did some early scouting found a popular feeding area. Scouted this area for possible decoys and blind area. Scouted several other potential areas and walked up on some turkeys. I was pumped!

April 23rd (thru the 27th) in Unit 34 in WI. Working out some new calls (Gobbler shaker and new diaphragm) and went to Cabela's and looked at some new dekes last night.

Working out some Hevi-shot in the next 2 weeks.

Season cannot get here soon enough....favorite time of year.

A another week 15th Mar. #1 priority is like every year have fun on my hunts and enjoy my hunts that I am going to have with a few friends that come down each season to hunt with me. This will be the first year my buddy Andy Kaiser from Kaiser Kalls hunts Osceolas with me so it will be a great and exciting week for sure.

Flhawhhuntr, have you seen any advertisement for the Osceola Sportsman's Show in your neck of the woods?The one down in keenansville?I think it's going to be crazy! All Florida hunters,get yourselves down there,and come hang out!

I have not seen any advertisements at all. I am hoping I can make it as I am thinking of hunting the 60 side of 3 lakes opening day.

No actually the 441 side of three lakes is about 6 miles from their but the 60 side is like 40 miles but is better IMHO If you have time let me know and I will let you in a few areas that usually hold birds. Send me a PM and I'll send you my number and I can hook you up with a few areas.

WV opens on April 28th this year with a one day youth hunt on the 26th. We (West Virginian's) keep trying to get the season to open earlier (at least beginning of April) and then opens one week later than last year. Most of the gobblers are done gobbling around here by the time season rolls in.

How much time left until your Turkey opener? What is your #1 priority at this point in time,as far as getting ready?Some folks are past the patterning stage,while others havn't even started yet.Some are still trying to pick out which camo pattern they want to wear,or polish up on their calling.Where are you at,in your own pre season program?

Still very early up here in NY, our season doesn't start until May 1st!! I usually wait until the month of April before doing any serious patterning of my gun, since the temps are still very cold around here until then. Best temp I have heard for pattern testing is in the mid 60's. I also start to practice up on my calls at the beginning of April as well. That way, I'll have a month to get the rust out!!

Second week in April if the snow ever melts here, so far still 4 feet on the ground so it will take a while to see bare earth. Same old calls, same loads, new gun seems to like the old loads. No scouting yet but in the next few weeks give a look.

I've patterned the SBEII and got her all ready. I've got my spring camo on the top of the stack. Took out my vest and made sure it's all organized. Right now I'm doing a little scouting, not over doing it as to not pressure birds, glassing fields, and that kind of thing. Polishing up my calling skills, I ride around with a couple of diaphrams in the truck and practice with them.

April 1st will be here before you know it. I'll sneak a quick hunt in that morning, then I have a vacation day on the second that I'm spending on some game management land here.