the CLAW sling

HUNT2HUNT

Love the Claw on my rifles. Want one for my SBEII. The shotgun model does not use swivels. Does anyone on this forum use the CLAW shotgun model? and if so,do you like it?

Would perfer to stay will all factory Benelli,but they don't make a camo model I like. Im open for suggetions. Thanks for your help.

sure hope I get some replies before I go tie that rope in place of swivels on my SBE2. This sling thing has had me freaked out since day 1. Got to have the correct sling,or it isn't right.

I can't be the only purest that wants the right sling out here in Benelli World.

Does your SBEII Have sling posts?If it does I would just use the rifle model of the CLAW.I bought one for my Supernova.The shotgun model is really for use on shotguns that don't have the sling posts.Otherwise they are the same sling.

I bought one of the olive drab models,wish I had found the camo model before I found the olive one.But I cant really see another $10 to $15 for camo over the olive drab.$19.99 opposed to $34.99.

These have swivels but i prefer uncle mikes swivels and easy to find even walmart sells them but the swivels that come with these 2 slings are not gun friendly like the uncle mikes! just measure the width of the sling and get you some decent swivels and chunk the ones that come on these slings! and use these

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/qd_super_swivel.html

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_19783_400004009_400000000_400004000_400-4-9 or if you have a cammo one allready just get your width and purchase the correct ones!

I got one of the shotgun models in a shipment that they sent me,and it had no instruction or packaging,so I cut the loop and added a plastic buckle like other slings have,and ran the left over material through it and added a swivel,so it now looks and works like any other CLAW sling. The Quake swivels are second to none in strength and weather resistance.

Thanks for stopping by! I don't see a single dollar from any of the companies I represent.I am a store manager for a popular national grocery store chain. I am sponsored by Quake through CVA. There is money that can be made,but I feel that is sketchy at best in some situations.If someone gets a ton of free stuff from companies and sells it on Ebay or to friends,to me that is wrong.I try to spread the wealth to kids,women,and new hunters that come out to hear me speak at events.It was given to me so I give back. I'm not going to lie and say there are not perks,though!

Hit me up on Myspace if you have an account,we get some good stuff going on in there!

Quake I am glad to hear you say you don't sell the merchandise that you receive from your sponsors on Ebay.Like you said that would be wrong,or in my opinion it is.They are sending you that stuff to evaluate and to recommend changes in it to make it better for sportsmen,if I am correct in my assumption anyway.

Anyhow,you see the area I live in,there is a pretty well known gunwriter in my neck of the woods,he writes for a very well known magazine.He does that very thing,I have seen him at gunshows selling merchandise given to him by his sponsors.He really burned a friend of mine on a Rem700 rifle.He paid him more for it than a new one costs,he didnt know how much they sell for.

Some folks have different morals than others.I think it's funny to see new calls and stuff on Ebay,before people even know they are even manufactured,wonder where they come from:rolleyes:

The prototype stuff comes with no packaging,and the demo stuff comes with packaging.I go to stores and set up a table with the calls on it(out of the package) and let people try them out.They can then go to the shelf and buy it for themselves.At some point in the day,I have a seminar and talk about strategy,how to call,or do calling demonstrations,followed by a Q&A session. I keep one or two of each product for myself so I can hunt with it and get pictures in the field.Whatever is leftover,is used as door prizes and donations at NWTF banquets I attend.

Quaker Boy,TruGlo,DK Flatwoods camo,ThermaCELL,CVA Muzzleloaders,and the others are very keen on getting new people involved in the sport and provide me and the rest of the Pro's with the equipment to help give hands on instruction as well as promote the proper use of the product,thus helping ensure people get the most of their experience outdoors. I want to take this oppertunity to thank them for their support.

I always thought the free stuff to field testers was a scam. Good for you if you have this gig. Every time I tell myself this is the last hunting related thing I need,and I have all I need,something new comes out and I want one. One thing I am holding to is that my SBE2 is the last semi-auto I am every going to buy. Makes getting up at 3:00 AM worth it,when I get to hunt with it. Al we need now is 12 month hunting seasons. Which I shy I took up Predator hunting. Building an AR-15 for that. Whole other topic.

• 1 month later...